the-virgin-bailout-car-the-chad-malaise-car-brown-acts-42354025.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

That was me in the garage earlier this year. Dumped a bunch of Brakleen onto my trans on the bench, remembered that Brakleen did not ignite with a lighter when I tried to incinerate a bunch of rogue ants, decided all Brakleen was not flammable, fired up the propane torch for something, and quickly learned that certain brake cleaners are indeed flammable. Had the 5 year old out there with me at the time and she was convinced the house was gonna burn to the ground. :ROFLMAO: I threw a knockoff Carhartt jacket over it and that was the end of it.

Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That was me in the garage earlier this year. Dumped a bunch of Brakleen onto my trans on the bench, remembered that Brakleen did not ignite with a lighter when I tried to incinerate a bunch of rogue ants, decided all Brakleen was not flammable, fired up the propane torch for something, and quickly learned that certain brake cleaners are indeed flammable. Had the 5 year old out there with me at the time and she was convinced the house was gonna burn to the ground. :ROFLMAO: I threw a knockoff Carhartt jacket over it and that was the end of it.
Made a pass in a buddy's Foxbody at the track one time, fuel line popped off the Carb as I let off crossing the line at 130ish. Fire out the cowl hood, all over the windshield couldn't see anything. Had an electric pump so I shut the car down, popped it in neutral before I hit the key and pumped the brakes as fast as I could hit that pedal. Car came to a stop, got out and put the fire out with one of the beers that was in the passenger's seat. Track guys rolled up in the little fire truck and were like you good, me sipping on the beer was like yup.. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Made a pass in a buddy's Foxbody at the track one time, fuel line popped off the Carb as I let off crossing the line at 130ish. Fire out the cowl hood, all over the windshield couldn't see anything. Had an electric pump so I shut the car down, popped it in neutral before I hit the key and pumped the brakes as fast as I could hit that pedal. Car came to a stop, got out and put the fire out with one of the beers that was in the passenger's seat. Track guys rolled up in the little fire truck and were like you good, me sipping on the beer was like yup.. :ROFLMAO:

I managed this this year as well (I'm in the red Camaro that goes up).

I really need to find a new mechanic. D-bag managed to not fully seat the return line onto the fuel rail. Good help is hard to find. Guess which side I didn't get out. . .

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I managed this this year as well (I'm in the red Camaro that goes up).

I really need to find a new mechanic. D-bag managed to not fully seat the return line onto the fuel rail. Good help is hard to find. Guess which side I didn't get out. . .
Damn. There's a safety clip that goes on it to keep that from happening.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Damn. There's a safety clip that goes on it to keep that from happening.

When I discovered the problem and got it seated I realized how that mistake was made. It felt like the tangs were bent because they didn't all engage at the same time with a nice, solid click as they did with the feed. Plus the lines weren't held solidly in place on the rail. I shut the car down, pulled the fire bottle, and that was that for the fire under the hood. Now the stupid nylon lines that melted through under the car weren't done making a mess. I ended up getting line repair bits from Napa, a fire extinguisher, and racing the next day. Really sucked because I had just repainted the engine bay, it still has a bunch of soot in there from the fire.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor