G body crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
You could always sell the monte and the BBC and build a great 474 Buick big block for that regal. >:}

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Only if you were closer I'd buy the regal but garage addition taking up my money

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Welcome to the forum Charlie. From the pics I've seen it looks like you've got 2 nice G Bodies. I'm biased towards the Monte Carlo myself. It's already got nice wheels, a cowl hood, it doesn't have T-tops to worry about leaking and it's black. It already looks "cool". The Regal looks like a really nice car but it still has that "Grandma Car" look. There's nothing wrong with that though. It'd make a killer sleeper. Nobody would expect it to be fast. Either way you go it looks like you've got a good starting point.

Personally, if they were both mine, I'd probably build the Monte and drive the Regal like it is while your building the Monte. That way you get to build a badass G body while not having to sacrifice driving one. I'm really wanting to find another good G body to drive while I build my Monte Carlo. I've got really used to driving it over the past couple of years and I miss it when it's not driveable. Maybe I'm just obsessive or something. Lol

As far as dropping a big block in the Monte, since you've already got it, why not? Depending on how much power you make you will probably want to upgrade the brakes, upgrade the suspension and reinforce the frame. Also, I remember hearing about clearance issues with the AC box. I can't remember if it touches or if it's just really close. Check with some of the guys who have big blocks, they should be able to fill you in. It's obviously not too big of a problem because plenty of people run big blocks in G bodies.

Whichever way you decide to go, let us know. We'll help you out as much as we can and we'd love to see the progress on the car as you build it. When you get going with things, start a build thread if you want. It's a good way to document the build for yourself and a lot of times it helps others learn or get ideas for their own projects.

Oh, I don't think anyone has said it yet but we love pics on here! Feel free to post some more pics of both cars. I'd love to see under the hoods and the interiors.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Lil man gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2017
Welcome to the forum Charlie. From the pics I've seen it looks like you've got 2 nice G Bodies. I'm biased towards the Monte Carlo myself. It's already got nice wheels, a cowl hood, it doesn't have T-tops to worry about leaking and it's black. It already looks "cool". The Regal looks like a really nice car but it still has that "Grandma Car" look. There's nothing wrong with that though. It'd make a killer sleeper. Nobody would expect it to be fast. Either way you go it looks like you've got a good starting point.

Personally, if they were both mine, I'd probably build the Monte and drive the Regal like it is while your building the Monte. That way you get to build a badass G body while not having to sacrifice driving one. I'm really wanting to find another good G body to drive while I build my Monte Carlo. I've got really used to driving it over the past couple of years and I miss it when it's not driveable. Maybe I'm just obsessive or something. Lol

As far as dropping a big block in the Monte, since you've already got it, why not? Depending on how much power you make you will probably want to upgrade the brakes, upgrade the suspension and reinforce the frame. Also, I remember hearing about clearance issues with the AC box. I can't remember if it touches or if it's just really close. Check with some of the guys who have big blocks, they should be able to fill you in. It's obviously not too big of a problem because plenty of people run big blocks in G bodies.

Whichever way you decide to go, let us know. We'll help you out as much as we can and we'd love to see the progress on the car as you build it. When you get going with things, start a build thread if you want. It's a good way to document the build for yourself and a lot of times it helps others learn or get ideas for their own projects.

Oh, I don't think anyone has said it yet but we love pics on here! Feel free to post some more pics of both cars. I'd love to see under the hoods and the interiors.
Thanks a lot. I will be posting some pics soon. I should be able to later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor