G-Body Doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use the junkyard search websites.

I found one door at a local yard, and another about 6 hours away from me, but I was able to pick it up while visiting family on vacation. Good doors are out there, you just have to do a bit of work to find 'em. I paid $100 and $150 for two rust free, complete doors for my GP.

I was just at Englishtown's swap meet and there was a vendor selling a well known relacement company product, selling metal replacement parts.. he had floor pans, fenders, doors and other minor parts.. when I asked him for door shells for a Regal (GN, G-Body) he just laughed and said the car was "Too New", I was thinking.. WTF?!?! :wtf: He asked, what are you guys doing to the doors? (meaning for them to be all rusted out on the bottom).. I just shook my head and said, if you don't know, just forget it... :roll:

any body from Goodmark out there... I didn't need a wisea@# remark from your vendor.. :doh:

78 to 87 is too new? Thats ridiculous. How long will demand remain constant for 50's and 60's parts? Sooner or later they will all be restored. It wouldn't hurt them to branch out into new markets.

ETA: There are over 4000 people on this board. I'd say that's a decent market, Goodmark.

Its not just the doors, everything for these cars seems to be a task to find and when you do find something they know what they got and your paying out the a$$ for it. Theres not even any type of aftermarket companies ie: year one, etc. making catalogs for G-bodys, mabye another 10 or 20 years????? :|

IIRC regal and cutlass doors interchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor