G-body drag racing video from 1987

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I mean... the Turbo TA, Sy/Ty and ZR1 didn't exactly suck.
Agree, but V6 - smh.

Stepping stones I guess.

I was a teenager when I 1st seen a GN and T-type. I was anything bt a motorhead back then, but the 1st thought that entered my mind in 1985 - why such a small engine???

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Agree, but V6 - smh.

Stepping stones I guess.

I was a teenager when I 1st seen a GN and T-type. I was anything bt a motorhead back then, but the 1st thought that entered my mind in 1985 - why such a small engine???

The first GN I saw (or noticed) rolled into my Dad's shop and the first thing I said was:

What's with the Jiffy Lube logo?

After my Dad got his, and I got to drive it (often), it made me a believer. I got mine a few years later.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
The only thing positive from that debacle of GM politics was when someone came up with the LS in the mid 90's.
Positive isn't always a good thing... hiv/aids, std test, cancer screening, ls motors....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Yup fast as watching paint dry on the wall but... there was nothing else. My 2006 GTO (automatic) 13.3 at local drag strip here in TX with the regular street tires my Audi S5 Quattro 13.3. Never put slicks in to see what it would really do with good grip. a 70 LS 13.8, Hemi Cudas best around 14 flat! But.. there is nothing that compares with the looks of our cars,, not cookie cutter. Who can tell the difference between Lexus, Mazda or Genesis now a days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor