G-body drivetrain specs???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Yeah, I have a $50 3.23 axle from a 4 door 83 Regal in mine coupled to a TH200 4R with the .68 OD 4th. Unfortunately, the lack of a posi means I have absolutely no traction, so it isn't any quicker off the line...:( With the OD and the 2.41 it was terrible on gas and accelerated poorly. The 3.23 actually improved fuel mileage because it wasn't dogging the engine so bad out of the hole and required less throttle. The 2.41/3 speed is only good --as far as fuel economy is concerned-- at a steady state highway speed but is horrible around town.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
With the OD and the 2.41 it was terrible on gas and accelerated poorly. The 3.23 actually improved fuel mileage because it wasn't dogging the engine so bad out of the hole and required less throttle. The 2.41/3 speed is only good --as far as fuel economy is concerned-- at a steady state highway speed but is horrible around town.

your right about the 241's..if I could keep it at around 80 mph in od with the converter locked up the gas milage would probably be great...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor