REGAL G-Body factory security issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuzaka

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 15, 2019
So when i was testing, i opened the trunk and its lamp shut down instantly, lamp was okay but hot wire didnt have any current, however aside of that, the negative pole line of the lamp was also the negative pole thats connected to the security tamper, this had a switch connected to the key cylinder that probably triggers the alarm when it get grounded by key turning, its a spring like connector, didnt have time to continue but i guess its touching the spring of the key cylinder so its always grounded, which is triggering the alarm. thank you guys this is really supporting.
There was even a service bulletin on that system just for the GN's and T Type. It had something to do with under hood heat and starter, going by my memory. When I have a chance I will dig it out of one the boxes I have.
I appreciate your help if you can find those service bulletins.

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
what is really fun is to call loctronic. have your wife stand next to you on speaker phone. loctronics is out of business and the phone no. goes to a phone sex site. don't ask...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor