REGAL G-Body factory security issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuzaka

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 15, 2019
Hello everyone, sweet is this forum, been watching from far a while ago and i loved the way you people communicate. Not gonna take all your time but i was cleaning the factory harness of my Buick Regal limited 1985, lm7 in the front clean and running and everything is okay, until i fixed the power door locks, now security light on the dash stays on when i lock the car from the inside, when i shake the feeding lines in the trunk, the security light goes off, opened the trunk then its light lamp came on then off, checked the lamp and was okay. I need to know how security is wired, a diagram a link or anything that could help, googled everything for no result, any help please? A wiring diagram or something?

Yuzaka

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 15, 2019
Buicks had the light in dash so maybe it's just a Buick thing.
Probably yes could be just a buick thing, but ive seen dashes with these lights in malibus, olds and some. This one is all electric and full, trying to put the new horses in the old bodies with harmony.

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Yes Buicks did have a factory security system available. They can be pretty troublesome and most people just disable them. I'll see if I can get a few good pics from the factory shop manual.

Reactions: 4 users

Yuzaka

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 15, 2019
Do you know how it works and why? Easy way around is to bypass it: find the factory module and trace wires.
Well i concluded some things, ill wrap it like this: unlock the car with the key, a sensor will trigger the passenger door lock, and unlock security to turn on the engine, however if the sensor wasnt touched and the door got opened, it will trigger the security relay and disable cranking. I fixed all that after bad harnessing from previous owner, and now stuck with what i said before, doors are okay, trunk is causing the security light to go on or off or flash.

Yuzaka

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 15, 2019
Yes Buicks did have a factory security system available. They can be pretty troublesome and most people just disable them. I'll see if I can get a few good pics from the factory shop manual.
Please man, ill appreciate this for life, been stuck with no clue, something is in the trunk, caused the lamp to go off, and i cant understand why the security light go on or off! Here me standing by the beauty, ill post more pics when project is near. Screenshot_20191215-235027.png

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor