G Body frame mount kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

justacruzr2

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2017
Midlothian, Illinois
Hey everyone. Anybody ever buy one of those frame mount kits? Before I spend the dough, do any of you know if they are complete? Are the washers and small tubes that come with it supposed to replace the original spacers? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Can you be more specific -- part number? manufacturer? It'll be much easier to provide you with better feedback.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Jimmy

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2016
Gulfport, MS
Hey everyone. Anybody ever buy one of those frame mount kits? Before I spend the dough, do any of you know if they are complete? Are the washers and small tubes that come with it supposed to replace the original spacers? Appreciate any help. Thanks.
If you are talking about the package from Sphon performance yes that is correct.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-776103/overview/year/1982/make/pontiac/model/bonneville
I just used this kit from Summit on my 82 Bonneville. A couple of members recommended them. I was very happy with them and they installed easily as per the directions. Although my bolts were no good , I didn’t buy a set. I just went to the junkyard and got my bolts. I ended up even getting extra bolts and they were all rust free. Did I mention , it took about 10 different cars? Lol It wasn’t a big deal as I have an impact gun .
timo22

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

justacruzr2

Greasemonkey
Jun 16, 2017
Midlothian, Illinois
Can you be more specific -- part number? manufacturer? It'll be much easier to provide you with better feedback.
Thanks to everyone for your replies. The kits I'm asking about are all those ones you see when you google or go to eBay. The pictures seem all the same other than some are red and some are black. All of them show bolts though. Anyway, Jimmy pretty much answered my question.. The cheapest one I saw was $106.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-776103/overview/year/1982/make/pontiac/model/bonneville
I just used this kit from Summit on my 82 Bonneville. A couple of members recommended them. I was very happy with them and they installed easily as per the directions. Although my bolts were no good , I didn’t buy a set. I just went to the junkyard and got my bolts. I ended up even getting extra bolts and they were all rust free. Did I mention , it took about 10 different cars? Lol It wasn’t a big deal as I have an impact gun .
timo22
Battery powered impact I suppose. The factory body bolts are the best in my opinion and I’m guessing the factory bolts are all grade 8 hardened bolts.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
[QUOTE="foxtrot,The factory body bolts are the best in my opinion and I’m guessing the factory bolts are all grade 8 hardened bolts.[/QUOTE] i don't have the specifics in front of me @ the moment but they're infact metric bolts.i had my car on the rotisserie i had to get longer bolts to mount it up.some parts of the country metric isn't the easiest thing to come by.I've had very good luck with bolt depot.com.fastenal (ha fasten some) isn't all it's cracked up to be around here.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Yes , it' a Craftsman 19.2 lithium. Best tool I ever bought . Its over 3 years old and still kicking tail with the original battery. Paid
150.00 for it on sale. As you guys know , I pull lots of suspension parts and Blazer sets. For years I ratcheted because cordless impacts started at 300-400 dollars. When I saw that Craftsman , I said what the heck..timo22

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor