G-Body Hitch(Class III or IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
I pulled an iroc-z on a u haul trailer with my 06 half ton short box 4.3l 5 spd manual with 3.73 gears
Went from Kamloops bc to Vancouver island
Smelled a lot of burned clutch and geared all the way down to second gear on the long hill outside Campbell River every dip in the road had the trailer tongue shooting sparks off the road
I wouldn’t even consider doing it again and I’m still surprised ,several years later, that I made it without destroying anything but some nerves
I’d want a 3/4 ton next time

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I towed my 16 foot Fiberglass Vanguard with my 88 CSC. I actually just drilled a hole in the bumper and attached the ball but that will no doubt be a lot heavier. Other than the Olds 403 running hot, the main issue was pulling the boat out on slimy ramps, not fun. As said, good luck in finding a new hitch of any type.

random_farmhick

Apprentice
Dec 13, 2020
When I got my 86 it had a 2" receiver hitch on it, then I painted it and pulled it off for some stupid reason. Well I pulled it out of the scrap pile a year ago, and it was on the bottom and the tube is getting holes in it, but the plates on the end are still in great shape. If I remember, it had two half inch bolts on each side going to the frame, and then it bolted to the bumper shock mounts. I pulled a 12' livestock trailer with 2 steers in it and it handled it great, but I was also young and dumb(er). I want to put it back on when I get it redone again so I can hook up to my 16' car hauler and haul my atv or lawnmower if needed sometimes.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
When I got my 86 it had a 2" receiver hitch on it, then I painted it and pulled it off for some stupid reason. Well I pulled it out of the scrap pile a year ago, and it was on the bottom and the tube is getting holes in it, but the plates on the end are still in great shape. If I remember, it had two half inch bolts on each side going to the frame, and then it bolted to the bumper shock mounts. I pulled a 12' livestock trailer with 2 steers in it and it handled it great, but I was also young and dumb(er). I want to put it back on when I get it redone again so I can hook up to my 16' car hauler and haul my atv or lawnmower if needed sometimes.
5C90881E-41D1-4064-A9ED-E4E05E167798.jpeg

;)

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor