G Body interchangeable Front clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kutdoctor2k11

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2011
I recently just purchased a 79 cutlass but i really dnt like the front clip i was wondering wat all years are interchangeable for the 79 front clip????

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Well if it's a 2 dr you have your option of 78 or 80 cutlass (79 and 80 calais noses were very nice looking though). Other than that, no other would bolt on and look "normal". (didn't say it can't be done though)

Kutdoctor2k11

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2011
Thanks i really appreciate that and with that said do u mean that if i try to use lets say a 87 euro clip there would be modification that needed to be done and if so would they be extreme you think

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
Kutdoctor2k11 said:
Thanks i really appreciate that and with that said do u mean that if i try to use lets say a 87 euro clip there would be modification that needed to be done and if so would they be extreme you think

Fender lines on the 78-70 cars are completely different than on the 81-88 cars. The parts don't line up without major metal work.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Kutdoctor2k11 said:

Yeah totally different body lines you'd be further ahead to get an 81 up cutlass if you wanted that. However that 80 cutlass header would work, as long as you found a forward lamp hatness to match it (yes you could technically add to your existing), a harness swap would be straight forward. That nose still has the waterfall grille though, which is what I guess many people don't like. The 79 & 80 calais versions (google a 79 and 80 hurst olds to see them) are a bit easier on the eyes, lol.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
Kutdoctor2k11 said:
trying to switch the roll up windows to power windows can anyone recommend a good conversion kit

Yeah, a G-body with power windows in a wrecking yard. Any 4dr or wagon is a suitable donor.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
what about puttin a monte front on a 4 dr cutlass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor