G-Body- Last Of The Muscle Cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, and have for some time, that the G body is the tri-5 of the new millenia. The stars may be the 2 door cars, GN, MC SS, 442, etc, but the other models, 2 and 4 door, will be rodded for the next couple decades, minimum.
I've worked on everything from trucks and vans to FWD junk. and the G body was made to be modded. The new F body gave me nightmares when I wrenched it.

ps, Tri-5 refers to the '55, '56, and '57 Chevy, just in case it doesn't go without saying.

rlsllc said:
I think, and have for some time, that the G body is the tri-5 of the new millenia. The stars may be the 2 door cars, GN, MC SS, 442, etc, but the other models, 2 and 4 door, will be rodded for the next couple decades, minimum.
I've worked on everything from trucks and vans to FWD junk. and the G body was made to be modded. The new F body gave me nightmares when I wrenched it.

ps, Tri-5 refers to the '55, '56, and '57 Chevy, just in case it doesn't go without saying.

I totally agree with that and in fact a good friend of mine said the exact same thing about 18 years ago when we dropped a 406 and a 12 bolt in to his wifes 78 malibu. He was talking more about the malibus than anything else but all the other G body cars fit that statement.
We were not the first to do it but there were not too many done at that time. After that we started seeing more of them on the street as hot rods and at the drag strip.

My dad always told me that my car was a peice of 80s crap and will never be worth anything. Granted its a just a low end regal, but it is the coupe.

STLRegal said:
My dad always told me that my car was a peice of 80s crap and will never be worth anything. Granted its a just a low end regal, but it is the coupe.

Your Dad is entitled to his opinion. If he is comparing '80s cars to the cars of the late '60s, he's got a point.
He does need to open his mind to the endless options these cars provide to the modder; G-bodys may be the best platform for modding and expression ever available. With models from plain Malibu's to loaded factory V8 cars, wagons, etc, there is no "Me Too" mentality. There are folks who don't even know that a Regal and a Malibu wagon share the same basic platform and are more or less the same car underneath. Mustang 5.0s are easy, but they're all the same.
As for most of the other crap from 80's, like K-cars, I'm with him.

STLRegal said:

Don't let his point of view effect ya... Whether they'll be worth anything is beside the point.. Any G-body is a versatile car that can be made to go fast, handle and brake just as good as, if not better than any classic muscle car or modern sports car. If built right they can be reliable enough for daily drivers and fixed by their owners. The best part, its not a 69 Camaro where you have to be paranoid to leave it anywhere.

If he's concerned about the money youre putting in it, well at least youre not paying $3-500 a month on a newer disposable plastic car the will depreciate and wont be worth squat by the time its paid off.

Tony_SS said:
If he's concerned about the money youre putting in it, well at least youre not paying $3-500 a month on a newer disposable plastic car the will depreciate and wont be worth squat by the time its paid off.

Well put.

80s

your dad is right!!! But thats the real fun, you don't care for keeping original and you can swapped pieces on it. Original or not, don't mean nothing on those car. So don't keep any V-6 in that for keeping original and have fun for a motor swap 🙂

i think original means something on g-bodies (as long as original isn't the hubcaps, ha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor