G Body LED Tail Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
we sell those leds at autozone. i have thought about using them. id like to see some comparision pictures.

ok quick question. Do the 78-80 gbody use the H4 or H3 headlights? I have the single headlight assembly with no high beam. Im wondering because I want to order the hid kit off ebay but not sure if I need the h4 or h3. the h4 says hi/lo

kingcolbert83 said:
ok quick question. Do the 78-80 gbody use the H4 or H3 headlights? I have the single headlight assembly with no high beam. Im wondering because I want to order the hid kit off ebay but not sure if I need the h4 or h3. the h4 says hi/lo
Um, yes you do. You'll find them if you pull the lever on the left side of the steering column.

If you are using LEDs for turn signal lights you will likely need an LED specific turn signal flasher. LEDs don't load a standard flasher enough to blink.

I bought some for my taillights and was disappointed to see that they weren't as bright as the regular 1157 bulbs that were in there! I bought ones that had 18 led's on them and even bought red led's also but they seem to be brighter in a central area but not as bright around the sides or edges of the lens. I have pics that i took to see the difference i am at work now but i can post them later.

84GP455 said:
I bought some for my taillights and was disappointed to see that they weren't as bright as the regular 1157 bulbs that were in there! I bought ones that had 18 led's on them and even bought red led's also but they seem to be brighter in a central area but not as bright around the sides or edges of the lens. I have pics that i took to see the difference i am at work now but i can post them later.

My taillights on my truck were really dim, so I took the bulbs out and found they were really dirty, as well as the inside of the lens. Took them off and flushed them and they were like new. Sometimes it's the simple things.....

I checked out the website above and they had a link to sylvania, kinda cool that they have an interchange database for lots of cars and the lights on them in case you wanted to do an LED swap. Here's the link:

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/

-adam

I dont like the LED bulbs they are too concentrated in one spot and dont fill up the lens enough........I ended up putting the stock bulbs back in.......I used wenol polish on the lenses and they came up like brand new and ended up really making everything way brighter. as far as the headlights you wanna use 9003 bulbs because its a dual filament and will plug right into the stock plug.

leds are brighter than incandesant bulbs, tehy do however only shine in a concentrated place though. They do make leds that have a wider viewing angle, or you can always add more that shine in all directions. It won't overload any circuits because leds take almost no current draw to operate. Just load up the lens housing in an intelligent looking way. You may need to do some custom wiring though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor

Back
Top Bottom