G Body LED Tail Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
thats bad engineering if you ask me. why in the world would they put the high beam switch in turn signal instead of with the other light switchs. Unless they had some genious reason then I say thats crazy

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
Here are some pic's of LED vs. 2057 bulbs in my taillights.
LED is first 2057 is second
IMG_1213.jpg
LED
IMG_1214.jpg
2057 See how the bottom half of the lens on the LED is dark?
And these LED bulbs have 24 led's 18 facing forward and 6 around the bulb facing sideways.
IMG_0214.jpg

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
kingcolbert83 said:
thats bad engineering if you ask me. why in the world would they put the high beam switch in turn signal instead of with the other light switchs. Unless they had some genious reason then I say thats crazy
Pretty much every automaker does it that way and have been for the last 30 years.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
DRIVEN said:
kingcolbert83 said:
Pretty much every automaker does it that way and have been for the last 30 years.

o dang you are right. i guess i'm so used to never using them that i forgot. i just ran through my mind all the different cars i have driven and it is on there. haha

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
84GP455 said:
Here are some pic's of LED vs. 2057 bulbs in my taillights.
LED is first 2057 is second
IMG_1213.jpg
LED
IMG_1214.jpg
2057 See how the bottom half of the lens on the LED is dark?
And these LED bulbs have 24 led's 18 facing forward and 6 around the bulb facing sideways.
IMG_0214.jpg

I see what you're talking about now. They are brighter up top but it's only in a concentrated area.

ibanezfxer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 10, 2009
Orlando
Those peticular led bulbs don't light up everything. I have seen ones that are a square board and are married to a regular light socket that plugs into the receptacle. You can actually hook up two of these "boards" and will light up the whole lens. Heck, you could probably even hook up 3 since leds draw absolutely no current.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
ibanezfxer said:
Those peticular led bulbs don't light up everything. I have seen ones that are a square board and are married to a regular light socket that plugs into the receptacle. You can actually hook up two of these "boards" and will light up the whole lens. Heck, you could probably even hook up 3 since leds draw absolutely no current.

u know where to get them? how would you run 3 boards off one socket? it must not be a plug and play unit

tusk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2009
wilmington nc
kingcolbert83 said:
78 salon said:
kingcolbert83 said:
ok quick question. Do the 78-80 gbody use the H4 or H3 headlights? I have the single headlight assembly with no high beam. Im wondering because I want to order the hid kit off ebay but not sure if I need the h4 or h3. the h4 says hi/lo
Um, yes you do. You'll find them if you pull the lever on the left side of the steering column.

there is no lever. just a knob for the lights. pull out once the parking lights come on. pull out all the way and the headlights come on.

its on the turn signal lever,up and down is turn signal,pull back for high beams

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor