G-body Regal on Mythbusters last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

longhorncutlass

Apprentice
Jun 16, 2008
Texas
Did you see them flog the nice Regal last night? Looked to be about a 1983 model, gold in color, wire wheels w/whitewall tires. Shame they do a lot of their tests on G-bodies!

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
yeah i saw it, but you have to remember they are based in southern california and g-bodies are a dime a dozen there and cheap as hell, so they buy whats cheap and pleantiful. in socal you cant turn a corner without seeing a g-body.

When i lived in CA and AZ we had a saying all of the g-bodies go to CA and AZ to die and get turned into lowriders or donks! which seems to be true nowdays

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
I used to live in Vegas and go to So-Cal a few times a year and I didn't see hardly any g-bodies (except for the ones you would occasionally see in the hood). But I see TONS of them here in TN .... driving, sitting, parking, etc. I think there is a greater number of G-body's around in the southeast than the southwest IMHO. :?

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
I dont know how many g bodys they have used on that show but, I have seen them mess up one or two pretty bad!! :evil: What the hell, Im sure there is something else they can use thats not a g body.

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
Well it's not like a 1980s Honda or Toyota would last ten seconds!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
They have ruined a few nice cars on there. There was that 79(?) Cutlass, the 67 Plymouth Fury III, and a early 70's Toyota Corona that almost made me cry. I forgot the 70's Caddy too. However, I wouldn't mind if they used Chevy Celeberties and their clones (or the forgettable Ford Tempo/Topaz twins). Those things deserve death for their unyielding mediocrity.

antysmithers

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2008
Tarentum, PA
it makes me sad to see cars with rust free bodies trashed, id love to trade em cars with the PennDOT body to ruin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor