G-body show Oct 28th

Red78Calais4speed

Greasemonkey
Feb 16, 2013
Leominster, Massachusetts
Wanted to share a few photos from a car show I attended on Sat Oct 28th. It was the 3rd G-body show held at High Octane Classics on Route 20 in Auburn, MA. The weather was perfect at 80 degrees and sunny, unseasonably warm for us this time of year. They drew a large crowd, probably 110-120 cars or so. Although it was a G-body show all makes and models were welcome and it was probably split 50-50 between G-bodies and other cars. I saw 3 1983 H/Os, 2 1984 H/Os, a rare white 1985 442, a handful of 1986 and 1987 442s, a handful of 1984-88 Monte SS cars, 5 or 6 Buick T-types, only 1 Pontiac 2+2, a dozen or so other G-body cars, and at least 30 Grand Nationals including 2 GNX models. Some cars were all stock and some were heavily modified like the red Monte SS that had a twin turbo LS motor under the hood. Maybe 10-12 cars there had an LS swap including 5-6 with at least one turbo.
DSCN2266.JPG
DSCN2266.JPG DSCN2267.JPG DSCN2274.JPG DSCN2271.JPG DSCN2270.JPG DSCN2263.JPG

Reactions: 10 users

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Nice... its too bad here in TX(SA), no g-body car clubs that im aware of, no show of force at cars and coffe, really no incentive to own one anymore.

Makes me just want to sell mine off or junk it and forget about hotrodding for good, all i ever see is newer mustangs, newer camaros, newer corvettes, and newer trucks that lQQk rediculously ret@arded, its all there is now.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Nice... its too bad here in TX(SA), no g-body car clubs that I'm aware of, no show of force at cars and coffee, really no incentive to own one anymore.

Makes me just want to sell mine off or junk it and forget about hot rodding for good, all i ever see is newer mustangs, newer camaro's, newer corvettes, and newer trucks that lQQk ridiculously ret@arded, its all there is now.
everyone's different.the fact that there's so few around in this automotive cookie cutter world of ours is all the more reason for me to keep something going,a woman almost twice my age asked me last summer if my car was a prototype because she's never seen one before.i told her they were in production for over 20 years.

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Nice... its too bad here in TX(SA), no g-body car clubs that im aware of, no show of force at cars and coffe, really no incentive to own one anymore.

Makes me just want to sell mine off or junk it and forget about hotrodding for good, all i ever see is newer mustangs, newer camaros, newer corvettes, and newer trucks that lQQk rediculously ret@arded, its all there is now.
Sounds to me like you own yours for the wrong reasons

Get it out, drive it,,,,do it because it pleases YOU

My wagon's been down for 4 years,,,every now and then I think about offloading...never do, because even inoperable, I like it more than anything else that's for sale.

I've never understood the show/nice days only mentality, I like to drive 'em

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
It was never meant to be a daily driver.... but i do drive it for 20miles every sunday, weather permiting to keep everything in working order.

I just NEED more of an incentive to enjoy the malibu hanging out with others like birds of a feather or hit the joints for old school cars only, kinda non existant around here. Depressing

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
There is no Gbody clubs or Gbody car meets around here in the Phoenix area either. When I go to shows there are only a few Gbodys if any. And when there is, it's always Gran Nationals, a few Cutlasses and some El Caminos. Never any Malibus. So I'm usually the only Malibu there.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
It was never meant to be a daily driver.... but i do drive it for 20miles every sunday, weather permiting to keep everything in working order.

I just NEED more of an incentive to enjoy the malibu hanging out with others like birds of a feather or hit the joints for old school cars only, kinda non existant around here. Depressing

The more you get out and cruise the more exposure to finding others. Even if you're not in your car there's no shame in waving people down or talking to people at gas stations, stopping by custom rim shops, etc. Any local race tracks? I know there are tons of lowriders out there. Look in to joining a car club.

We have multiple cars and coffee events every month here and I haven't ever been to one, nor do I really care to because of the mustangs and chargers everywhere, so I can relate. There are still other kinds of meets, you just have to find them. sh*t if I never had another Gbody owner to hang with I wouldn't get rid of my car. More reason to be proud of your ride and enjoy being distinguished.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor