G body value

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
My malibu is an 89. Has some m80 parts. The interior has a third gen camaro dash which I was going to rip out. The floors are shot and the rear was gutted for some crazy sound system at some point. I got racing seats, a 6point cage, and some other dodads. My daughter and I were building it to drag race but now the local track shut down. I'm toying with the idea of selling the malibu and getting an older corvette or camaro for the autocross or just car shows. Still haven't decided yet but I was wondering what I could get for a strait car that's basically ready for a drivetrain and go to the strip

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Market varies wildly across the country, location and pics would help....but you don't make it sound like a real attractive candidate

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
89? awah?

Rusty roller G-bodies are usually around $500 Max, no matter what model.

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
Sorry fat fingers lol it's an 80. I was wondering if I was nuts putting a $1500 price tag on it. I live in jersey about 20 min from raceway park.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Build that for autocross. If it's already hacked up just go for it, you have a fair platform to go racing with. It will beat being low balled cause of any issues & that body could be a blank canvas to work with.

• Agree

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
I was thinking that. I've been doing some reading. Hard part will be getting my daughter to change her mind from a blown 350 that we have half the parts for and save that for another project. If I'm gonna do autocross I would go ls with a 6spd and move it back a few inches.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Sorry fat fingers lol it's an 80. I was wondering if I was nuts putting a $1500 price tag on it. I live in jersey about 20 min from raceway park.

Assuming this is a 2 door....... they seem to bring good money now-a-days......even in rough condition....... $1500 doesn't seem too out of line for what you describe.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I was thinking that. I've been doing some reading. Hard part will be getting my daughter to change her mind from a blown 350 that we have half the parts for and save that for another project. If I'm gonna do autocross I would go ls with a 6spd and move it back a few inches.

The most you can set an LS back in a G-body without serious issues (ie. serviceability, HVAC delete, cowl/firewall interference, etc) is about 1".

2" is workable if you are willing to make some serious concessions. Any further and you are moving the firewall and trans tunnel around to suit.

There is nothing wrong with a blown 350 for an autocross car... I get the attraction to the LS world - but a lot goes into a proper swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor