Gas pedal question

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
One thing I want to correct is the slop in the gas pedal. With deadening material and carpet, I would have to push pretty hard to get the pedal further down through the material. I don't want to cut a slot in the carpet for more pedal travel. So is there any way of adjusting the gas pedal further away from the floor so I can get full pedal travel?

Is it not opening the carb all the way as it is? I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish.

The way I corrected mine was at the carb, being that I don't have a kickdown cable I was able to pull the cable mount back further towards the firewall thus eliminating the "slop" or freeplay that the pedal once had. I don't know if that helps you, I can't really think of another way to say it.

why not just take the gas pedal out and bend the pedal out towards you so you`ll have more travel on the pedal. This is the first time I have seen any mention a problem like this tho...

When I would try to lay into it, the pedal would not open the carb all the way. I would try to shove it through the dynamat and carpet and still feel the carb was not fully open. I don't know about the bracket yet as I have not gotten to swapping in the 700r4 and all the brackets that go with that swap. I'll look at it when I get home as it may be as simple as taking the torch, heating the bracket that goes down to the pedal a little bit, and just moving the pedal forward. I just wasn't sure if there was a factory adjustment somewhere to get more pedal travel.

I nit pick little things to see how I can fix them. I'm running out of things to fix on this car so I like asking questions :mrgreen:

If your carb isn't at wot with the gas pedal floored I think it's something other than the pedal...

I think its just cause the carpet was raised along with the thick padding I used as a sound deadener. Wasn't dynomat but something similar...cant remember though. The carb is close to WOT but it is not fully.

Did you have a V8 or V6 before swap? When I did my V6 to 350 swap, I had to change to V8 throttle cable.

shorten your throttle cable and get some stiffer throttle springs. and get one of these:
l_52fe6204e682447383f364756e04279a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor