Gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Between the Arabs and the politicians, the oil industry is full of shady deals and scumbags. It's all a racket, but the summer gas is supposed to be a better quality product. Top Tier is definitely better than regular. Around here Shell, Exxon, BP, Costco Kirkland, and now Sunoco are Top Tier.

I can get VP 100 and 110 octane but it is leaded and runs about $9 a gallon last time I bought it.

I guess we aren't getting the summer blend this year though. In PA we pay something's like 58 or 59 cents a gallon in tax. It's the highest in the US. I paid 3.25 a gallon for 87 this morning.

The difference between the summer and winter gs is the RVP (Reed Vapor Pressure). The science of it , from a non scientist, is there is less oxygen in the summer gas. And the summer gas will run like crap in everything in cold ambient temps, but winter gas will run year round and better in the summer than summer gas. Is that due to the oxygen content? I'm not sure. Supposedly, the purpose of the change is to reduce emissions. But for absolutely sure, it creates an expense on the refineries and fuel terminals when they have to flush their systems from one to the other.

Complaining about the amount of tax you pay? We New Yorkers used to do that and then PA raised their tax rate. Maybe if enough Pensyltuckians complain, then Maryland will raise their gas tax to the highest in the land.

truckdoug

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 23, 2018
I get 108 at the pump and it's only $2.50/gallon

thank god for corn farmer subsidies :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
We pay over $5.00 a US gallon right now for 87 octane with 10% ethanol. The cheapest I can get 91 non ethanol top tier gas is 12 cents a liter more. The extra mileage is worth it in my old cars. My boss calculated there needs to be a 23 cent a liter spread, to lose money, for the mileage gained with no ethanol. If you are lucky you can find 94 octane but most stations are 91 at best here.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
$2.59 for 87 here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor