Gates 27004 fuel hose

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Is this safe to use for fuel supply line? Need just a short length of rubber hose. Says “fuel hose” on the hose itself but the spool also says “fuel vapor hose” and “pcv/eec” ???

Attachments

• IMG_7665.jpeg
    IMG_7665.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7666.jpeg
    IMG_7666.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7667.jpeg
    IMG_7667.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 14

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Is this safe to use for fuel supply line? Need just a short length of rubber hose. Says “fuel hose” on the hose itself but the spool also says “fuel vapor hose” and “pcv/eec” ???

Their site says it's good for up to 15% ethanol fuel. I would think it would be OK for a while, but wouldn't be surprised if the ethanol slowly degrades the inside.

I would say try to get something that withstand ethanol better for a long term fix.

Reactions: 1 user

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Their site says it's good for up to 15% ethanol fuel.
Thanks for the reply. I think we have “up to 10% ethanol” here in Maine so i should be ok in that regard. Was more worried why it says “for use on return fuel lines”, and doesnt mention supply lines. Tried a few places in town and this is all i could find.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Why not use fuel injection hose... should be stronger and reinforced for daily use, since its typically used with ethenol fuel, it should be better equipt as well.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Why not use fuel injection hose... should be stronger and reinforced for daily use, since its typically used with ethenol fuel, it should be better equipt as well.
I am only running 5-6 psi, fuel injection hose is PRICEY in town. They sell it by the inch. The hose i have in hand is 30R7 , that should be sufficient ?

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Pic below

Attachments

• IMG_7666.jpeg
    IMG_7666.jpeg
    791.5 KB · Views: 13

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
BARELY sufficient. That's the lowest typical standards for OEM fuel lines of the era. You would actually want 30R9 (fuel injection 100 psi rated) or 30R14 if possible.

Gates makes a 3/8" barricade hose 27315, which is still for non-fuel injection systems but it is much better with ethanol use. Won't have to worry about it. It's rated at SAE 30R14.

I'm using Gates 27315. Ask around to see who sells it and get you some. It's basically a 50 psi hose like typical carb hoses, but it also has a liner in the hose to make it more chemically resistant to swelling, bad gas, and ethanol, etc., the same as R9 specs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Thanks for the reply. I think we have “up to 10% ethanol” here in Maine so i should be ok in that regard. Was more worried why it says “for use on return fuel lines”, and doesnt mention supply lines. Tried a few places in town and this is all i could find.

I treat their statement as a way to cover their @ss. Supply line will sit with fuel it in while the return line will usually bleed off.

Ethanol and rubber don't play well together. You can use the hose your looking at and it will work. The question is how long before the inside of that hose starts to degrade and push rubber trash down the line.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor