Gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you need to find the rally cluster froma cutless and that fits the same as the cluster you have now. I think the wiring may be the same, I know that was a thread about this a while back. You also need to change the oil sending unit.

Cutlassjim

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2006
And you need to run a wire from the HEI to the dash for the tach to work, or at least I did. Either way its a great mod as it gives the car a much sportier look and feel for next to no $. :D

Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
If your car is CDN and equipped with a 305 from the factory, let me know - I have some wiring diagrams I made a long time ago that are specific to a 305 granny-rallye swap. I doubt it though since you are in Minnesota.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
What I did with my cluster when I was getting rid of the lights I did not need was look at the printed circuit board and follow the lines and saw where they went to. The way it is set up on the back its really easy to see what wire goes to what. What you will want to do is compare the back of your old gauges and the new ones, if anything is different move the wire in the connector to the hole that matches up with the new guages. You will need to get something really small to unlock the wire pin out of the connector, and move it to the new location. I think the gauges were wired with one power source for the gauges, another power source for the lights that come on with the headlights, and a ground. I also think the second connector has another ground, and there might be another power. The second one is mainly for the check engine light and a couple of other things.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I did it in my car, but swapped the dash and engine bay harnesses to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor