Gbody loses to an Hbody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
OK, I don't think I've told this story before. But this one is doesn't end with a gbody coming out on top.

My first car was a 1979 Chevy Monza with a 305/TH350 and 2.29 gears and an RV shift kit. I did a few things to it, but it was pretty close to stock. One of my buddies in high school had a nice (brown, but still nice) 1984 Monte Carlo. It was pretty much all stock (305) except headers with duals, Accell wires, cap, and rotor. He thought he was pretty fast (we were in high school, and didn't know what fast was yet lol), and so did I.

He was constantly wanting to race me. He even offered to race for pink slips. But I thought his car might be pretty fast so I always said no. Then one night I happened to be driving down the highway and no one was on the road except me. Then I see some headlights coming up fast on me as I approach a red light. And what's the chance? It was my buddy with the Monte. So he rolls down his window and says 'let's do it'. So I said OK (no pink slips lol). Back then I always used to shift manually when I raced.

So the light goes green and we both punch it. We are basically staying side by side. I hear him hit 2nd, and a few seconds later I do the same. Then he hits 3rd (he only had a 3 speed) and I'm still in 2nd gear. then his car winds out and we're still side by side. But, I still have one more gear lol. So I hit 3rd, and I swear the front of the car lifted about 4-6" and I was gone. He had no chance then.

So after that my car became kind of legendary at my school lol. No one could beat it.

There was even a guy who had a nice (looking) 1971 Chevelle. He claimed that he had over 400HP and would smoke my car. So one night while all us car guys were hanging out at the local cruise spot this guy drives by in his Chevelle and revs his engine. I hopped in my car and got lined up with him at a light. Light goes green and I smoked him too, twice lol. And I swear, the guy never brought his Chevelle back to our cruise spot again. I guess his 400HP couldn't keep up to my little 305 lol.

That's a pretty cool story.....You at least were driving a Chevy..........BTW, next time I'll let your friend borrow my brown '84 Monte 😀

Wow, now that I see yours. his looked almost the same. Except he had some Cragar 5 spokes on it.

cool story! yeah nothin wrong with brown :lol:

3XBrownCutty said:
cool story! yeah nothin wrong with brown :lol:
agreed
<--- brown guy here

also, cool story. Nothing like smoking your buddies. It's like declaring dominence in a wolf pack

cool story man yea my dad had 1983 cutlass with 455olds motor and he would burn up all the camaros and mustangs at local cruise. man the built a stupid mall and book store on place of it lol . i was about 5 sitting in the back saying mean motor daddyit would just push back in ur sit and u better hang on. man now i have 1986 cutlass and i am 17 my funny is just beginning for me

So you gonna put a 455 in yours too? 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor