Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
RITTER said:
Both our cars had a 2.73 rear gear ratio

According to thirdgen.org his GTA came with 3.27 gear ratio.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Well, maybe it did. I know he used to say it had 2.73 :mrgreen:

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Actually no :!: The only rear end that came with the 3.27 rear gear ratio was the Borg 9 bolt. His GTA had the standard 7.625"

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
My BW 9bolt has 3.42 gears in my Camaro

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
84clonewars said:
My BW 9bolt has 3.42 gears in my Camaro
I didn't say that all Borg 9 bolt rears came with 3.27 ratio, just that they were the only rears that came with that ratio :wink:

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
no sh*t, it's a monza they weigh what, 2700-2800 lbs? My neighbor has 2 of them, one has a stock 350 that isn't too slow even by todays standards and the other he's always lookin for a cheap LQ9 setup, he wants to do it all up with a tune and headers the works. I tell him he's nuts. Told him about a 455 + th350 for 500$ but he decided it wouldn't fit in the engine bay :lol:

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
I had a '76 Starfire around 1980, put a 455 Pontiac in it, used the stock 4 speed, b-o-p bell housing, and 10.5" clutch. The motor was a near bolt in but the steering was a different story, used one of the original very early Pinto wound wire steering shafts and welded a GM pad on it, (I was young and stupid) You could literally bend a curve in those to clear exhaust and they still worked normally, like a flex shaft in a weed whacker. Somehow the steering, clutch cable and dinky rear never broke. I didn't have money for a custom radiator so I added two huge heater cores in line with the radiator and put one behind each pair of headlights, moved the rad forward and leaned it back like a Corvette. When I got done the front wheels were pushed out severely at the bottom but was able to align them and the car had an instant 2"+ lowering job. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor