Gbody Vs Fox body T-bird/cougar???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Our family owned a 79 Zephyr and a 1980 Fairmont. Both terrible cars and Fox bodies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Everyone needs to stop talking about how great of deals Mark VIII's are.

I don't need the temptation to buy one. I already entered the 10 step program to not buy one and I am starting to want one again.....

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 user

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
That thing is pretty awesome! I'd put a crate Coyote in it, mainly because I want flat plane crank exhaust harmonies.
The car has a huge fireproof fuel cell built into the trunk floor too. The engine you speak of is known as the Voodoo. It's the only flatplane Ford makes. It's dead sexy for sure.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
The car has a huge fireproof fuel cell built into the trunk floor too. The engine you speak of is known as the Voodoo. It's the only flatplane Ford makes. It's dead sexy for sure.
My dentist buddy picked up one of the GT350Rs with its 8500 rpm redline, factory electric exhaust cut outs, and carbon wheels. That thing sounds soooooo sweet.

• Agree
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Do they have a ready to run crate motor with the flat plane crank? I know they have the Coyote and a ECM to run it in whatever from Ford.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
While my 81 Monte was down, I had a 86 Mark VII LSC. That car was great. Wasn't as fast as the Monte (It had a SB 400) but it did everything else fantastic. It had 4 wheel disc, EFI (Though only a 2 barrel ), and the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. (I'd kill to get a pair today and put them in my Cutlass.) I foolishly traded it for a 79 Camaro. Every G body I've had since then, I intended to make it feel like that LSC!
My 86 mark vii lsc .jpg
My mark vii interior.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
I own a fox body cougar and my two gbodys (Malibu and elcamino). Both gbodys and foxbodys are great cars. But my only complaint is when you need parts for the cougar you have to pay a higher price since no one makes parts for them other than the stuff that swap between the mustang. Good luck finding stuff at salvage yard's for them compared to gbodys. Also cash for clunkers killed more cougar's and thunderbird than gbodys.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor