GBotM Nov '17 - Congrats CWPottenger!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Id love to see a build thread on that, did I somehow miss it?

Edit: Congrats btw

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Whole bunch of thumbs up!

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Congratulations!

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Congratulations C W Pottenger; That's one fine posterior you have. I was also going to ask what the diff is out of thinking Vette & I see Mr Regal answered that question faster than I can type. I too have missed your build posts, so post a path for us computer challenged guys. We want to see more, Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Like to see the front spoiler install too.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Id love to see a build thread on that, did I somehow miss it?

Edit: Congrats btw
I actually have not made a build thread. This project has taken years and under gone a couple of starts, restarts and design changes along the way.
It start off as just make a nice comfortable daily driver. Turned into a full frame off custom fabricated weekend street/strip toy.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Like to see the front spoiler install too.

It is actually the original Lauren Engineering front air dam before they changed design to non-functional ducts.
It just bolts to the bumper and you just have to drill a couple holes in the front fender to attach the functional air director scoops.
I did make one minor change that made a HUGE difference. I made a 3/8 round bar stock that perfectly fit and outlined the lower lip on the back underside. I then glass it in so that you can not see it. Before I did that the air dam flexed quite a bit and it actually cracked at the edges of the center section. The bigger issue was integrating the GNX flares and the side skirts. Those pieces had to be cut, modified and re-glassed to make it flow together.
AirDam.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor