Get anything done on your car this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was just paint, but over the years it gets so much grease and gunk in it that it looks like something else. I just use a good brand of black spray paint every few years and call it good.

my brother and started patching up my rear frame rail on the monte, and it actually is coming out well. i hope to put a thread up showing the process of what we did and what not when its done. the 700r4 is in but i dont like the jegs crossmember, the exhaust doesnt fit right cause i didnt fully read the jegs x member only works with the jegs exhaust. i ll change tha crossmember before i get a different exhaust though, i bought the pypes violator stainless system. its amazing how it spirals out of control when you start actually doing a project, blown trans lead to swap which lead to the exhaust which lead to the frame repair, and now im thinkin bout usin an edlbrock qjet, and a non computer distributor, to elminate the computer, just gotta figure out if the lock up will still work or if i need a kit. workin hard on it though.

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I think it was just paint, but over the years it gets so much grease and gunk in it that it looks like something else. I just use a good brand of black spray paint every few years and call it good.

no, it was on my silverado when I bought it new. The stuff just wipes off to bare metal with your finger, it keeps everything protected and just seems easier to apply than primer and paint. I'll end up going with some thick chassis paint soon... if I did find it there's no way it'd be cheaper than a spray can

Went to the junkyard today. After a non a/c heat box, started on a regal, got the whole dash out and realized I needed the camera or else I was bound to mess the ducting shtuff up. $20 for the whole deal I thought that was a pretty good price. I'll finish tomorrow morning 😀 I love being out of school.

Wanted to take the heads off the olds 355 to check the pistons out and also clean off the outside and paint it gold, but my buddy must've been busy, he didn't answer the phone and the motors at his house. theres always tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor