Get anything done on your car this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
custom442 said:
Blake442 said:
I also finally installed the rear seat X-braces I bought.

Where'd you get the braces? Do they have other braces for the frame/body?

Got 'em from gbodyparts.com.

I finally finished my loose tilt wheel repair,,,,man what a b*tch!
I went junkin on Sunday and found a 94 Jeep Cherokee steering shaft for $15 bucks and cleaned it up and painted it now i just need to put it in. :wink:

for this weekend coming up I hope the rain lets us race tonite and then tomorrow figure out what cam is in the engine I bought...took the heads off that nite and was pleased to discover the engine has been punched out to .30 over and there's very little millage on the engine. If the cam is what I want then I just have to upgrade the valve springs and throw the vortecs on.

My best friend traded off his GTO for a GN yesterday! Now we've both got G-bodies in the 'hood...which is the country in the middle of bumf8ck :wink:

I'm going over to check it out and "test drive" it tonight.

Haven't touched the Regal in months. Complete lack of time and motivation, due to the Charger milking me dry.

And I'm pretty sure I blew the headgasket on the Charger last night.

pontiacgp said:
zjchevy1 said:
I'm going over to check it out and "test drive" it tonight.

so I guess for next weekend you'll be rebuilding your best friend's motor.... :lol:

Oh no, I'll be gentle on the GN. It was his GTO that I beat the s*** out of, that car had a warranty!

Painted the engine for my AMC Spirit today. As for the Cutlass, I haven't been able to touch it in months due to finances. The AMC however, is something I have been hoarding parts and supplies for for years, so I have plenty to keep me busy with it before I need to spend any real money. I might have to get a can of brake parts cleaner for cleaning off a part before painting it, but that's about it. I also may have found a cheap old Honda Scooter to play with and give me something to get around on that doesn't cost any money to use. I am thinking of rebuilding it as sort of a Mad Max scooter though with no plastics on it and everything being either tube steel or diamond plate for a more industrial look (Like a Honda Ruckus). I'd also add some leather saddle bags or something to carry stuff in and go with the look. The seat would be done in camo green too to match the theme, but not be as hot to sit on as black would.

this upcoming weekend starting early friday morning getting the car up on ramps and taking some scotch bright pads to get the surface rust off or mostly off the bottom of the car then headed to the parts store to figure out what I can afford to cover it with and I think i am going to try to do as much of the bottom as I can even though only the frames are affected slightly now just as well do more of it while I am there

Attachments

• 100_7269.JPG
    100_7269.JPG
    574.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_7273.JPG
    100_7273.JPG
    922.4 KB · Views: 95
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Painted the engine for my AMC Spirit today. As for the Cutlass, I haven't been able to touch it in months due to finances. The AMC however, is something I have been hoarding parts and supplies for for years, so I have plenty to keep me busy with it before I need to spend any real money. I might have to get a can of brake parts cleaner for cleaning off a part before painting it, but that's about it. I also may have found a cheap old Honda Scooter to play with and give me something to get around on that doesn't cost any money to use. I am thinking of rebuilding it as sort of a Mad Max scooter though with no plastics on it and everything being either tube steel or diamond plate for a more industrial look (Like a Honda Ruckus). I'd also add some leather saddle bags or something to carry stuff in and go with the look. The seat would be done in camo green too to match the theme, but not be as hot to sit on as black would.

what color is the engine?... edit - found your build thread

another question for ya - do you know what GM uses or where I can get the gunk that is applied on the frame under the engine (all over the frame in the engine bay) not sure what it's called some sort of chassis coating but it isn't paint.

Attachments

• 100_7272.JPG
    100_7272.JPG
    508.7 KB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor