Glueing in 1/4 windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
The glue gun 3M window weld is urethane to the best of my knowledge. If it comes in a rope and sticks like a fly strip, it's butyl. Someone else can chime in if I'm wrong.

In the old days, the butyl was used on windows all around. Nowadays, the urethane for windshields and back glass is a natural because it is part of the structural rigidity of the car on later models.

The trick is, if using urethane goo, you got to get the right height for the glass or the trim will fit f*cked up and you'll be crying like a beeyotch later. I can probably do it, but I think when that time comes, I'll let the pros handle it.

I used 3M window weld on a side window frame for my 1500 in sig. Not sure if that's considered urethane or what but I have no
When I had the windshield put in my Monte the guy they sent out had done Gbody's before and after he put the windshield in place he installed the windshield trim to set the height

Reactions: Tony1968
When I had the windshield put in my Monte the guy they sent out had done Gbody's before and after he put the windshield in place he installed the windshield trim to set the height

That's good to know as mine does need a windshield.

Reactions: Tony1968
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor