GM digitalk touch button climate control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Anywhere have this system in their cars? It was offered in at least in Regals, was it offered for other G bodies too? Is it a rare item? Here is a picture of a Regal with the system I found on the internet.
DSCF0057.jpg

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I know they were available on Turbo GN's. They had some issues, one of them being a faulty Fan Controller. Replacements are expensive. An alternative is to install one from a mid 90's Roadmaster. I did that, and have been happy so far.
You can find a pretty detailed write up on my web site here. https://sites.google.com/site/darbyselk ... c-controls

CIMG3384.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
That's pretty cool retrofit, does it talk?, Thanks for the info about the digitalk. Still would like to see a better picture of it and even a video of it in action and talking.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
The touch climate control didn't talk, it just replaced the levers with buttons...

It's very rare because it was an extremely expensive option.
I've only seen it in Buicks and Oldsmobiles...

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
Blake442 said:
The touch climate control didn't talk, it just replaced the levers with buttons...

It's very rare because it was an extremely expensive option.
I've only seen it in Buicks and Oldsmobiles...
The riviera's had them too. I have a few units here from Canadian Regals in Celcius.
They are expensive to repair but they work great.
Everyone I have seen in a regular regal also had the digitla dash as well.
I love the Tan interior with the mini console . Clone TIE Pilot nice combo they have there. It is rare.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

J3

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2009
East TX
I thought about swapping in one of the digital control units a few years ago after seeing one in a Regal, even found a couple for sale on ebay, but never did it. Really liking that Roadmaster swap, darbysan. Great how-to page as well, I'm bookmarking that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor