GM Electrical Tech Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
Hello can someone with expert knowledge of the gbody electrical system help me here. Thanks

Attachments

• DSC03058.JPG
    DSC03058.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 908

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
The grey arrow for the wipers. The blue arrow is pointing to your flasher. Not sure why that's sitting like that it should be attached to the fuse block. Green arrow not really sure. Brown arrow is pointing to the ignition switch. Not sure what the purple arrow is pointing to, maybe something with cruise control.

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
79loserbluebu said:
The grey arrow for the wipers. The blue arrow is pointing to your flasher. Not sure why that's sitting like that it should be attached to the fuse block. Green arrow not really sure. Brown arrow is pointing to the ignition switch. Not sure what the purple arrow is pointing to, maybe something with cruise control.
Thanks for the info. As I take the car apart more and more I'm finding alot of sloppy work. Not sure if it was a gm thing or just lack of proper care. There is alot of over spray. One of the nuts that supports the steering column is missing. the passenger side seat track had two sets of inner covers instead of the outer covers.

By any chance would you happen to know where the key/headlight warning chime is located? Thats what I'm trying to find. I had the feature on my 84 skylark, and I want it on my regal too. :D Thanks again

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
I'm not sure you'll get the warning buzzer/dinger for the Regal, I don't know if G-Bodies came with them. The red arrow is from the cruise control switch, and the blue arrow is probably actually the hazards, not the regular blinker (there are two separate blinkers, the turn signal blinker should still be down on the fuse block).

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, the blue arrow points to the flasher for the hazard lights, if memory serves. It does NOT go into the fuse panel. Rather, it clips to the dash behind the radio on the bottom. The Brown arrow I believe points to the high beam switch, Purple is for the cruise control, and I believe the Mickey Mouse wiring is for the cruise control stalk switch and runs to the wiring for the black box that mounts to the top of the gas pedal.

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
I'm not sure you'll get the warning buzzer/dinger for the Regal
According to the dealer brochure it was standard equipment except the headlight warning which was an option(well one of the two warnings buzzers was an option).

87REGALPRO

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2010
chevyman454 said:
as far as being sloppy i dont think its from the factory like that just a sloppy auto tech that didnt put everything back where it should be
LOL! yep my regal was mistreated by previous owners. I'm either going to custom restore this car or if I can't Just retire it and put to rest. :D But for now I'm trying to fix all the damage and "mickey mouse work" that I'm finding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor