GM St.Catharines Engine Plant Car Show Aug. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
BFG 's out of round .....like your's are the only ones ? ...........now it's 9:40 pm TO time and it's raining hard.

I am signed up for the plant tour in the am....thinking no inside plant pictures allowed....just me shorts and green patch safety foot wear.

as it stands now ,with morning traffic from east end Toronto.............yours will not be the only Camry in the lot

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

McGillicutty

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2018
Oshawa, Ontario
When I was a student there, part of my job was giving the tours. The block casting operation was something to see. For machining, there were no robots yet, Each part went through a long line of machines that each did one thing. But the thing I remember the most was that the new computer system. Whenever I printed a report I had to walk a half a mile to a massive printer at the front of the plant. And there was no spellcheck, you had to get it right the first time!

Reactions: 1 user

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
for those that missed this event , it was a great day for a car show .....large turn out at least 400 if not 500 cars.
a few G.N.'s , and few Monte SS's and Cutlass or 2 .
not 1 1969 firbird tran ams.....but 2 .......and a pile of weird and wonderful vehicles.

and the plant tour is well worth the drive , very eye opening..I now have a whole new level of respect for the current GM engines

it was great to meet rwd_pete and check out one of his fleet of interesting cars.

I am looking forward to next years event........................and you should put it on your calendar to attend too !

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor