GNX jacket value

Status
Not open for further replies.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
btw, someone had one for sale on TB in 2014 for $2500 and didn't care if it didn't sell. They still had it as of 2018 and lowered the price to $1850. Apparently he did care if it sold. Probably still has it. Anyway, good luck with that. It is, after all, the last high performance Buick they will ever make. But the jacket isn't fast at all. This is one of those memorabilia pieces only a GNX fan would care to spend that much for something to put in a closet or leave in a box. I could see a few hundred, but that kind of price is simply insane. If it was numbered to match the car, that would be one thing, but it's just a jacket with GNX Buick on the pocket flap. But- if people want to pay that for it, let them.
For the type of individual that owns a GNX, coming up with $1850 to buy a GNX jacket is analagous to you or I scrounging up enough change under our couch cushions to buy a cup of coffee. I could easily see that jacket selling for $1850.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
And describe that demographic for us please...
1575497885306.png

Reactions: 6 users

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
And describe that demographic for us please...
Should be fairly intuitive....but the type of individual that purchases a $60K-$120K GNX is likely in the top 1% in accumulated wealth in this country, likely has multiple high dollar vintage cars, lives in a gated community...etc.

Contrast that with the average gbodyforum member who is likely blue collar or maybe works in the trades, wrenches on his own vehicles, lives in a middle class neighborhood, likely owns a "run of the mill" g-body in "driver" shape.....etc.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
For the type of individual that owns a GNX, coming up with $1850 to buy a GNX jacket is analagous to you or I scrounging up enough change under our couch cushions to buy a cup of coffee. I could easily see that jacket selling for $1850.
Then why hasn't it? Or did it? Anyone know? It languished for over a year, this we already know.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
this is the equivalent of driving a jeep or a corvette.next thing you know you're waving to other people that drive one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor