golf gti wants to race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XbeasleyX

Apprentice
Jan 24, 2009
Western New York
New GTI's 06+ Have 200hp crank from factory - a $300 chip takes that to 260hp with nothing else done. There is zero turbo lag on these newer cars (save for sti and evo with mammoth turbo's) weight will be about 3400-3600. You may have your hands full depending on your car.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Not all GTI's come with a turbo. I know for the '98 GTI, the naturally aspirated 2.0L engine and the VR6 were the only engine options for the GTI, neither of which are turbo'd. I am pretty sure this goes for models '93-'98

MD13ailey

Master Mechanic
Aug 26, 2009
Columbia city, Oregob
I'm pretty sure its a 5th or 6th generation gti. i wasnt really worried about it but i wanted to do my homeowrk at the same time. and i will hopefully be close to the 12s if not in the 12s by then anyways.

captain-FN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 8, 2010
charlottetown pei canada
just remember proformence parts are expensive.........
a buddy of mine tried to race a sting ray with his rabbit once but he's not all there lol

MD13ailey

Master Mechanic
Aug 26, 2009
Columbia city, Oregob
I cant wait to see the look on the face of the kid with the mazda when i blow the VW out of the water :). now about the mazda the kid owns do any of you think its possible for that thing to be faster than my car? from what i can gather it just has a cold air intake and a chip. but the kid thinks its a rocket apparently.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
**Feels Fast** and **Is Fast** are two totally different things. A few friends of mine were really big into the VW and import thing, those little boogers do feel like rockets, but that might be due to their small size, my land yatch (in size comparison, lol) felt lazy while riding around in it, but line the cars up, those little VW's were no match, period, oh and my car, was running a rear 2.41 gear to give an idea of how much of a slug my car was. Some of them can be decieving though, money spent in the right places can wake them up considerably.

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
If he has that "VTAK" sticker on it i would watch out, thats worth about 55+ horses and comes with a complimentary nitrous shot, Also when you do race, stay on the gas and hit a side street so you don't catch that sonic boom from the Famous ricer fly by or have the race video tape so we can have a definate winner.

redneckracer305

Greasemonkey
Jun 28, 2005
new milford,ct
i forgot, a couple years ago, i also raced an older mk3 vw jetta wolfsburg with a 2.0 with a cold air intake and an upgraded clutch. i had a cutlass ciera at the time with 3.3 v6 with a balancer ready to come apart. i walked him, just figured id throw that out there, he didnt know how to drive to good either but thought he did. theres a video on the interent somewheres if anyones interested, haha. i have a thing for chasing vws around here cause most of the owners are cocky rich kids around here that think they can hack it but cant.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
that's something to be proud of, beating a 2.0 slow. probably the worst engine they ever put out. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor