Gone fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
hey guys, don`t want to rub it in but for the next 3 days I`m gone trout fishing with friends. Should be a great weekend. See y`all when I get back
deanlemans81

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
have fun, when I lived in St Lazare there was a trout farm close by, I liked that kind of "fishing". I was going to go camping this weekend but the weather turned cool again in SW Ontario

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Back from fishing and what a great weekend. it rained and it was cold but we got about 60 nice speckled trout about 10-12 inches long and my bud Jacques actually caught 2 huge ones. One trout weighed 2.2 lbs and the other 2.6 lbs.

Hey Pontiacgp, Those little fishing ponds are great for going out with the kids when they are younger. We were in St-Come, about 1.5 hours north of Montreal in a little outfitters place. Costs $207.00 for the weekend including meals, boats and electric motors. Beer is extra and lots of it :D

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Glad you had a great weekend despite the weather. Did you pan fry any of the fish and is there a limit, 60 sounds like alot of fish

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Time spent fishing is not deducted from your life! I'm glad you caught, I am skunked so far. :evil: EDIT: after doing some maintenance today on the skiff I had a few minutes for fishing. I got the first Fluke this year, a keeper, on a leadhead with glow shrimp body and a squid strip. Thank's for getting me motivated! 8)

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Pontiacgp, No we didn`t pan fry any on site. Every June we get together with about 20 friends and family in the yard for a fish dinner. We have the trout and tommy cod cought this winter. Alain brings some pike and walleye. Through in some salads and a few bottles of wine and it`s a nice evening. Last summer we had some friends from France who had never had these varieties of fish and they loved it. BTW, there is a limit of 10 per person where we go but we were 8 so all is good.

Bonnewagon, glad I got you motivated to get out there and drop a line in the water. I have never heard of a fluke so I looked it up and man that is a ugly *ss fish :puke: . I hope it tasts better than it looks :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_3951.JPG
    IMG_3951.JPG
    911.2 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_3954.JPG
    IMG_3954.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 486

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yeah, it's ugly and mean, but tasty! It's called just a Flounder south of Delaware, but we have a Winter Flounder too so we call the Summer Flounder a Fluke. Here is a pic of my Grandson with the big one from last year, it's 22". Those teeth will open your fingers up fast.
P7250481-1.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
that is one ugly big fish Mark, I hope your grandson did have any nightmares over it... :shock:

dean,I never knew the men in black go fishing..... :mrgreen:

file.php

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
I was right, real ugly assed fish!!! Your grandson looks happy though. did he catch it?

Men in black!!! lol I never even noticed :rofl: That was actually one of the few moments when it wasn`t raining. On sunday the temperature was 8 celcius with a good wind and rain. It was cold but we were out on the lake anyway. Just for the record, my rain suit is bright yellow so put enough of us together and we would look like a bumble bee from afar. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor