Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
:bump:

Blue86Monte

Master Mechanic
Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis, Mo
When I did my trunk, I used a brush. Much Much less mess, but I used the same stuff or very similar.

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
Re: Good way to redo trunk? * FINALLY FINISHED!** :)

Well After some months or so since i started this project, i finally finished it this morning. I lose motivation after i started this because of the work the was becoming involved, but i just hated seeing my car like this so i took a stand and finished it off this weekend :) About a month ago i went at it to try to take the rust off of the one spot. As i was doing that it rusted pretty bad to the point that the wire wheel was just tearing apart the metal. So as that came a big hole appeared, and thats when i started to give up. I rememebered that i had some brand new fibreglass sheets and resin i purchased for an ATV so decided to finally learn how to use it. Patched up the whole with a couple sheets of fibreglass and let it dry for about 2 days fully. Felt just as hard as metal :D ( and it wont rust :twisted: ) So After that i kinda started to do other things and this project got left on hold for about 3 weeks. This weekend i finally had the time and went back at it again! Got everything flush and smooth as a babys bottom :) Then Came the fun part, painting the whole trunk. It Came out better than i expected :lol: instead of using a spray gun or spray paint i decided to do the whole thing by brush. Gave it 2 coats and then let it sit for the whole night. This morning i go to open my trunk and it just looked like it came out of the factory :lol: So today i started placing everything back in. The Jack that i restored the spare tire that cleaned up nice and the brand new carpet that i got for free! After all that was done i stood back looked at it and i just felt so proud that i did this all myself :) Here are some pics of before and after! Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

• IMG_0201[1].JPG
    IMG_0201[1].JPG
    1,009.8 KB · Views: 1,071
  • IMG_0202[1].JPG
    IMG_0202[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,092
  • IMG_0203[1].JPG
    IMG_0203[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,099
  • IMG_0204[1].JPG
    IMG_0204[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,086
  • IMG_0163[1].JPG
    IMG_0163[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,086

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
Heres the other pictures of finished product!

Attachments

• IMG_0246[1].JPG
    IMG_0246[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,083
  • IMG_0250[1].JPG
    IMG_0250[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,050

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Looks nice, good job finishing it off.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
i am redoing my trunk as well. i tried the spay on bed liner/undercoating. i discover the stuff cracks. so i just got a can of roll on bed liner i will let you know how it works out

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
I Was going to use bed liner but i just liked the way paint looked better! If you gonna go for paint make sure to get the rust paint just to make sure it wont come back!

81Regal said:
Looks nice, good job finishing it off.
Thanks alot!!! :)

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Is that the stock carpet? Im thinking of redoing mine but I would probably just use some black carpet and cut it to fit instead buying the precut.

88MCsupersport

Apprentice
Aug 23, 2012
flushing new york
eastwood rust proofing paint is what i used on my car when i re did my trunk i did a flat black and it looks good and didnt crack or nothing it looked factory to a point and on top of it it "prevents" rust if water gets in

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
Re: Good way to redo trunk? * FINALLY FINISHED!** :)

-83MONTESS- said:
Is that the stock carpet? Im thinking of redoing mine but I would probably just use some black carpet and cut it to fit instead buying the precut.

This is a brand new OEM Carpet with the padding on the back! It is just soo smooth looking and feels good to the touch :)
The Paint i used was Rustolem Gloos Black. It looks really nice. At first i wanted to do just a flat black but the gloss just makes it look oh so much cleaner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor