got a couple uestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

twin_euros

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2011
first off, what are the fiber optic things on the fenders for? what exactly do they do? neither of my 2 cuttys came factory with them but i found 2 sets at a junkyard today for free and dont know if theyre worth goin back for tomorrow.

also i got a rear view mirrow with reading lights out of a 92 caprice today and was wondering how yall wire them up? mine has 4 wires if that makes a difference. thanx in advance for any help...

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
the fiber optics package was one of the rarest options in my opinion. I lets you see if any lights on your car were burnt out. the fiber optic line carries the light up to the fender units, and at night you could see the glow in the fender unit, also the rear lights had the fiber optic lines and a viewing pod in the rear window. i installed a rear fiber optic unit in my 85 salon, pretty sweet........no more backing up to a storefront windows to check my rear lights.
ya gotta be real careful with the fiber optic line, any sharp bend or break and its useless. also if ya check all your lights there is a little circle on each one somewhere, thats where the hole would be drilled for the optic line to attach. maybe just check the original car for what i am refering to.
anyways......hard to find so i would snag them. 3 fiberoptic lines per side on the front. just 1 per side on the back. pods in top rear window.

peace

twin_euros

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2011
Thanx a lot. I got all the pods for the cutlass set but i think i pretty much killed all the line because i was in a huge hurry to pull them out. there were a ton of caddys with them tho. Can i use the caddy lines on the cutlass?

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
twin_euros said:
Thanx a lot. I got all the pods for the cutlass set but i think i pretty much killed all the line because i was in a huge hurry to pull them out. there were a ton of caddys with them tho. Can i use the caddy lines on the cutlass?
lol looks like i was wrong then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor