Got any paint scheme ideas for a 1987 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
Im more particular to the charcoal grey my self. but im going to do mine with a Midnight Blue wuth charcoal flake on the top and on the bottom, its goin to be the charcoal grey. I figured to break it up some will be a Pearl white accent striping, Not sure on that yet.

rccktmn2

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2008
Paulding Ohio
WyoKid said:
My true and original plans are to put it back to original.... im just wanting some other ideas just for the heck of it. and besides if i was actually going to change the motor for a much bigger one i'll go to my buddy... hes got a supercharged Olds 455 bored 30 over, with double hump heads sitting in his garage. im pretty sure thats all the motor ill ever need....as for now my cars going to be a daily driver that 307 is staying i got to have the money first to even do all of this--- not going to happen anytime soon :cry:

UM.......YEA.....Hate to say this to yea but olds never had double hump heads, you can get a supercharger for it but as you said it's pretty expensive. Good luck.

78 salon

Greasemonkey
May 3, 2009
Brookfield, Ill
rccktmn2 said:
WyoKid said:
My true and original plans are to put it back to original.... im just wanting some other ideas just for the heck of it. and besides if i was actually going to change the motor for a much bigger one i'll go to my buddy... hes got a supercharged Olds 455 bored 30 over, with double hump heads sitting in his garage. im pretty sure thats all the motor ill ever need....as for now my cars going to be a daily driver that 307 is staying i got to have the money first to even do all of this--- not going to happen anytime soon :cry:

UM.......YEA.....Hate to say this to yea but olds never had double hump heads, you can get a supercharger for it but as you said it's pretty expensive. Good luck.
As you said, but he lost me at "chevrolet".

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would say stick with the original paint colors since you already own one of the more sought after gbodies and a style and color that a lot of regular Cutlass owners would be envious of.
If you were making a clone then I would say go ahead take some risks for color options and drivetrian choices.
But yours is a car that all the clones aspire to be and I think GM got it right on this one.
Just my thoughts, but ultimately it is your car and you can do what you please to it.

I do know if it was my car I would be hard for me to not drop in an aluminum headed and stroked 455 though!

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
rccktmn2 said:
WyoKid said:

X2 but if that 455 does have a supercharger Id like to see it. Cuz the last super charger i looked at for my 455 was about 3000-7000 from used to new. And if its still got "double hump" heads :rofl: Please put pics up for all to see :mrgreen:

Geed_up_442

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
My car is solid charcoal grey and mighty sexy if i say so myself. Go grey. And same here last olds roots I looked at was $6k. WE NEED SUPER CHARGER PICS!!! I h

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor