Got fired today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
CamaroAdam73 said:
Ahhh...heads splitting. Yeah i ment audi S8L with the 4.2L V8, not the Prototype supercar haha. Well thanks for all the positive reinforcement yall, it helped to hear it form other people that it wasn't me.

I left this part out but, before i started this job everybody around town that i knew warned me about the guy, i even have a friend who manages a local federated auto, for the last 10 years, and he will not open this guy an account because he has problems getting payment. I don't know if i mentioned this in my post but 2 out 3 pay checks i received from this guy are wrong. Example, my first week i worked 40 hours, 8 to 430 a day - 30 minute lunches. How did the check come out having only 31.58 hours? I know it might sound far fetched but i swear to god this is all true. I can't believe i'm dealing with this much sh*t, it's just hard for me to swallow that somebody with a business for Christ sake, can be sooooo un-professional.

I don't know if I am looking this up right, but shop key says to pull the motor and re install it, calls for 21.9 hours. Doesn't go into specifics on how to do it though.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
In a nuttshell, drop the front clip, remove engine/ bay covers, anti-theft procedures, disconnect wiring harness and leave with motor, split exhaust after cats and from cats forward stay with motor and trans while removing. Gotta tear down 50% of the interior to disconnect the shifter range cable because it is not possible to disconnect from the transmission/ in car. I saved time by not tearing down the suspension and just disconnect drive axles from the transmission because they bolt too instead of having a male spline. Lotta steps i didn't list, but no matter what way you go about it, it's allot of work.

The biggest pain in the *ss part about the job ( other than doing it for ****ing free) was removing the shifter range cable, you literally have to tear down alllllot of the interior to be able to remove the center console so remove the cable, big time killer.

Oh and you have to remove the carpet to disconnect the oxygen sensor pigtails. All-data didn't tell me this and i spent a good 25 minutes trying to figure out where they divorced. Under carpet very close to forward edge of front seats. Another thing to note before you start this process, move the front seats ALL the way back, or you're in for a headache and a half....

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Im sorry man. ive been at the same place for a few years now and believe me the work place is never fair.

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
dealt with a place close to that on my internship. just a sh*t show!! I have done that job you had to do and you definitely beat me haha. youll find a place we all do.

434MONTE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 24, 2009
[HEY, THE PAYBACK IS WHEN HE HAS TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF TAKING IT APART!!![/b]

Blacktiger355

Apprentice
Jun 12, 2013
Kettering, Ohio
So sorry to hear about such a bad deal. As others have said, sounds like they did you a favor. Just hunt down another job. You sound like your pretty good, so any shop should be glad to have you. I would also look into wrongful termination.

woody31

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2012
434MONTE said:
[HEY, THE PAYBACK IS WHEN HE HAS TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF TAKING IT APART!!![/b]
x3 i got 20 bucks saying he will call you back and ask you a few ??? on the audi,,i would tel him to kick dirt,,, :twisted:

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Losing a job sucks, but maybe it's a blessing in disguise since the place is ran like a circus. Something better is out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor