Got Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadiantbone

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2011
British Columbia
Got started the other day , ripped out the engine & started to clean the engine bay . I don't plan to go as crazy as some of the guys on here ( don't have the time right now ) . Got the engine cleaned up & painted , swapped in the new cam & lifters, Getting ready to install the new torqueconverter . The next warm sunny day will see the engine bay get painted & hopefully get the engine back in . Then it's time to save for the full stainless steel exhaust (headerss back ) after that it's on to the rear discs . Thought I'd share.

Tino

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio

canadiantbone

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2011
British Columbia
stared with this :puke:
cuttygoodies009.jpg

& this after pulling it out .........UGLY !!!!!!! :puke:

engineupdate2011011.jpg

Now it looks like this

engineupdate2011022.jpg

Still waiting on some $$$ from selling parts to pick up the arp engine kit & 1 piece oilpan gasket to finish bolting it up . If I sell my other stuff , then I will be buying the stainless steel roller rockers & rocker gridle .

Enjoy ! more pics to come .

Tino

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
One question...how did you get a 375/45R17 tire to fit a G-body? Another question, where would you buy such a tire? ;)

canadiantbone

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2011
British Columbia
FE3X CLONE said:
One question...how did you get a 375/45R17 tire to fit a G-body? Another question, where would you buy such a tire? ;)

My bad :blam: it suppose to be 275/45/17 fixed now.

canadiantbone

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2011
British Columbia
86-blk442 said:
Wow! that motor looks great all cleaned up! Did a great job on it. What are the specs on the engine?

1970 truck 4 bolt main 350 .60 over hyper pistons 76cc world torquer heads , 9.0:1 comp . crane 278 cam , weiand single plane topped by a road demon 750 vac sec.

canadiantbone

Apprentice
Feb 20, 2011
British Columbia
It went good before with the mystery cam . Should go better with the bigger cam , headers (instead of ram horns) & 2.5 mandrell exhaust .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor