GP wheel thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavy d

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2009
Northern Il.
Is there a GP wheel picture thread? I want some ideas for my new driver. Im leaning toward Billet Specialties. If not, someone start one.. 8)

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Heavy d,

I have a set of Billet Specialties on my 83 GP.

normal_GP_Mod_001~0.jpg

Andry

heavy d

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2009
Northern Il.
That looks good. What size are they? Heres my new ride, since my GN is under the knife still I had to have a driver...

IMG00026-20101116-1058.jpg

IMG00023-20101116-1054.jpg

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I had some 15x8 Eagle "Hurricane" wheels on my GP till i gave them to my pop's. They had a tall tire size but "felt" ok..
MYDC0765.jpg

now it sit's on the S-10 factory wheels :lol:
3d6638c7.jpg

Hopefully soon i can get a nice wheel and tire package soon..........

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Heavy d,

Nice GP! Maybe you'll switch from the GN to the GP :D

The wheels are Billet Specialties SLX45: 18x8 (front) and 18x9 (rear). They are wrapped in Falken FK-451: 245/40ZR18 front and 275/35ZR18 rear.

Cheers,
Andry

heavy d

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2009
Northern Il.
kiko said:
Heavy d,

The wheels are Billet Specialties SLX45: 18x8 (front) and 18x9 (rear). They are wrapped in Falken FK-451: 245/40ZR18 front and 275/35ZR18 rear.

Cheers,
Andry

Thanks! Im to far into the GN to switch now, but thats a 2 year deal. I told the wife I would leave the GP alone :twisted: Yeah right!..... My buildings big enough for a few more so I'm good. Yours sits good too. I like the look.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
kiko said:
Heavy d,

Cheers,
Andry

How's the ride on a 40 series tire? Your front end looks like it's sits a little low, any rubbing at all? I'm asking because I'm eyeballing some 18's myself and the car is lowered 2 inches.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
G-Body_Vet,

The ride is great -- it hugs the road and has lots of traction. I have adjustable coil-overs all around and lowered 2" in the front. However, the picture in front of the garage is before the ride hight was adjusted and it does sit too low -- it was taken right after I changed the suspension, with no adjustments done. My sig block picture shows the GP as it is set up right now. The only rubbing is when the wheels are turned full right or left -- the tire rubs slightly on the front sway bar.

The vehicle is now stripped once more because it's going for a paint job. Once that's done, I'll be playing around with the suspension again, because I'd like to have a better stance. I'm pretty sure that I have enough play in the coil-overs to make that happen.

Good luck with your project,
Andry

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
kiko said:
G-Body_Vet,

The ride is great -- it hugs the road and has lots of traction. I have adjustable coil-overs all around and lowered 2" in the front. However, the picture in front of the garage is before the ride hight was adjusted and it does sit too low -- it was taken right after I changed the suspension, with no adjustments done. My sig block picture shows the GP as it is set up right now. The only rubbing is when the wheels are turned full right or left -- the tire rubs slightly on the front sway bar.

The vehicle is now stripped once more because it's going for a paint job. Once that's done, I'll be playing around with the suspension again, because I'd like to have a better stance. I'm pretty sure that I have enough play in the coil-overs to make that happen.

Good luck with your project,
Andry

I have the Ground Force 2" drop spindles, nitro drop shocks, and Belltech rear springs. I've yet to install it, but I had the same set-up on my '85 Monte SS some years ago and really liked it. Front sat low, but it had a very slight rake. I think I've narrowed my choices down to 3 different wheels. Either the 18" Boss 338 in gray, 17x9 WS6 snowflake repops, or 16" Chrome Pontiac rallyes.
BRWsfnw2kKGrHgoH-EQEjlLluvvMBJ9jEsoMD_12.jpg

17WS6wheels.jpg

chromepontiacrally.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor