GP wheel thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
G-Body_Vet,

I've had different styles of wheels over the years and the biggest problem is keeping them clean. New wheels always look so good, but over time all sorts of crud accumulates in those "nooks and crannies". I'm not sure about you, but for me the worst things about washing and detailing my car are: 1) vacuuming the inside and 2) washing wheels.

Whatever your choice, the one's you pictured all look nice. Good luck with picking one set!

Andry

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
kiko said:
G-Body_Vet,
New wheels always look so good, but over time all sorts of crud accumulates in those "nooks and crannies".

Andry

That's true. I hated cleaning my last set of black rallye II's because the area near the lugs were always a pain.....and I'm impatient! That's another reason I absolutely will not touch wheels with rivets or the 2-3 piece look. I'm really leaning towards the Boss wheels. They look fairly easy to clean and are actually the lowest priced of the bunch. My car is 2 tone silver and gray also. I'd like to color match the spokes to the car when the time to paint comes.

heavy d

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2009
Northern Il.
I love the Boss wheels, thats what I'm putting on the GN. I like those chrome Ralleys on the Pontiac....
This one looks good.... decisions, decisions.... 8)

gpwheels.jpg

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
heavy d said:
I love the Boss wheels, thats what I'm putting on the GN. I like those chrome Ralleys on the Pontiac....
This one looks good.... decisions, decisions.... 8)

Those billet Pontiac wheels aren't cheap. Last time I looked at the price on those I think they were around $589 a piece at Summit :shock:

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
kiko said:
Heavy d,

I have a set of Billet Specialties on my 83 GP.

normal_GP_Mod_001~0.jpg

Andry
I think you had the same wheels I do, at one time. I love the car and work done to it, even saved some of the pictures lol. Nice work bro.

Now, onto this thread:
I have classic "5 stars" Eagle Alloys style 028: 15x10 back, 16x7 front. I believe they are now discontinued though.
normal_0P1070268.JPG

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
454muscle said:
I have classic "5 stars" Eagle Alloys style 028: 15x10 back, 16x7 front. I believe they are now discontinued though.

I remember seeing those back in the late 80's, early 90's during the "Hammers" era. Eagle alloys and A.R.E. were probably one of the bigger aftermarket names besides Cragar and Centerline then.

Here's a history lesson for you young guys. This is what was hot in '91 :lol:
hammers_4.jpg

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
I run a stock set of '87 Formula wheels, because I am cheap and they fit my theme (stock 80's GTO - factory performance).

normal_GP-GTO_2.jpg

Wish I had waxed the tires for this photo

But those chrome ralley's and the Boss' look really bad-*ss. I amy make a change in the spring. I always thought the 8" Corvette Ralley's look great on GP's, but I cannot bring myself to put obviously Chevy wheels on my Pontiac.

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Here's what I put on mine, I'm not sure of the brand. They were on my Firebird when I bought it. Basically free, after a little work cleaning them up.

DSC_0012.jpg

gpr2.jpg

heavy d

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2009
Northern Il.
I wimped out and went cheap, your basic Jegs old school skinnys up front and some fattys for the rear 8) The money I saved is going into new exhaust. Im also gonna drop it a couple inches all the way around...

015-1.jpg

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
heavy d said:
I wimped out and went cheap, your basic Jegs old school skinnys up front and some fattys for the rear 8) The money I saved is going into new exhaust. Im also gonna drop it a couple inches all the way around...

Nothing wrong with your set-up at all. As bad as I want some nice wheels; forged rods, pistons and ported heads are money better spent for now. I see you got some of our lovely Illinois snow too :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor