Grand National clone build

Status
Not open for further replies.
LS1GN said:
o ARC ATHEISTxX said:
Looks pretty good!
How was the Lq9 swap; fitment, and computer management wise?

Well Atheist.... I just prayed to Jesus that it would fit, and it did! My pass header is super close to the frame rail but other than that no issues. It is a 4 barrel so no computer mgt.
LOL, Alright. I was thinking you might have put the msd ignition system. How does it feel carbed . i might consider doing an lq9 instead of a 383 in the near future.

Yes, I am super happy with the Edelbrock/MSD combo kit. It was plug and play, easy. Bolted the 4 barrel on and it fired right up.

I think the LS engines (especially my 6.0) compare better to a 454 than a 350. If I have 400 foot lbs and 400 hp then better than a stock 454 anyway.

The heads on these LS motors are HUGE and flow a ton, straight from the factory.

86 maroon gp 2+2 said:
would love to see more detailed pics!
X2-Looks pretty damn nice!! 8)

are you going to do gnx fender inserts?

As far as wheels, they are used and I have four fronts, You all know that G bodies and F bodies have the same bolt pattern. I don't have any fitment/rubbing issues and that is with the '79 Trans Am steering box I put in.

I'm not going to go with the GNX fenders, I'm having a hard enough time pulling off the GN clone as it is. My interior gives it away, it is grey buckets out of a Monte SS and black carpet. I have a Monte center console painted black and silver. Some people are fooled.

I have a stock 4L60 (basically a 700R4) in there but it is dying under the power from that LS1. The Regal came with a 2.41 one wheel peel in it and by the grace of God I found an '83 Trans Am with a great Auburn posi and 3.23s at the U-pull-it for $50. I put one of those 7.5 girdles on there and I hope it will last.

Jbreu - I have been on this site for a long time and have read all about your Monte. You are usually spot on with your advice. 514 at the crank should have you in the high 11s. I expect to be in the mid 12s now.

If you look closely you can see the old column shift column still there.

Dual snorkels up front, put the battery in the trunk where the spare used to be.

I've got a double negative leads from the battery, one to sheetmetal and one to the framerail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor