Grand National clone build

Status
Not open for further replies.
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
Can u post a pic of the hood noticed the intake sat kinda high and i would like to see the cut job you had to do to make it work,Once again nice car.

Yeah, I wanted a normal sized air filter and I wanted the cold air so I cut a hole in an old Regal hood (not a GN hood). I probably could have made it fit without cutting if I used a tiny air filter. Lot of room under a G body hood.

LSCustoms said:
I dont know how I missed this thread, but awesome man! how does that carb conversion perform?

The car pulls hard - and it is almost completely stock. I had a high 12 second 5.0 Mustang a couple years ago and this seems at least as fast. A friend has a 350 Chevy Mazda RX7 (one of the tiny 70s ones) and he cant keep up.

What motor mount plates, trans cross member did you use? Awesome car btw 8)

85GPLef41 said:
What motor mount plates, trans cross member did you use? Awesome car btw 8)

I used Trans Dapt mounts for an LS1 S10, made the crossmember in my garage.

Great build, i love the lq9 swap enjoy that ride 8)

Ever take her to test n tune to see where she is at? Even if the ET isn't killer due to traction etc just to see what mph its running. Also ever check to see what kind of mileage you get? Should still be great as the motor is efficient and with an overdrive final drive ratio of 2.26! What carberator?

dogshit said:
Ever take her to test n tune to see where she is at? Even if the ET isn't killer due to traction etc just to see what mph its running. Also ever check to see what kind of mileage you get? Should still be great as the motor is efficient and with an overdrive final drive ratio of 2.26! What carberator?

I am hoping she runs high 12s - still needs to be sorted out and I need to tune it with 02 or dyno. I am running a Holley "Street Avenger" 670 dual feed - seems lean.

I run out of road very quickly in the suburban neighborhood I live in. I am hoping the MPH is 105 or so in the 1/4, who knows, maybe more.

The trans is a 4L60 with a OD ratio of 0.696 and the rear is an Auburn 3.23 - the "mileage" rear gears are long gone. I don't have the lockup function wired so there is a lot of slippage - MPG is terrible.

1984-monte-carlo-ss said:
not a big fan of clones but i like yours, i was considering a lq9 in my 84 SS what did you need to do the swap? any fabrication work? etc

Don't like a clone? Well try a giant mortgage payment, 4 kids (one in college), wife's new car payment, student loans and then try buying an overpriced "real" whatever. I've got 4 grand total in this thing - and it brings a smile to lots of faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor