Grand National clone build

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
Quarter Mile

I've got the Edelbrock Anti Hop bars installed and the new transmission - went to the track Friday night and it was RAINED OUT Doh!

I'm going to try again this week. I'm thinking the trap speed probably won't improve, but maybe my 60' will and consequently my E.T. will too.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I was wondering if you have installed the lower body bushings that almost all the Regals and GNs are missing? Also I would reinforce the rear LCA mounts before they twist or break, they aren't designed to take that kind of power.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
Yes I did a "frame off" restoration of my body bushings! lol

As for the LCAs - they attach to the steel of the frame rails [unlike the Fox bodied Mustang I had where they attached to sheet metal] Have you seen one fail?

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I known the GN guys complain that the LCA mounts start to fail around 400HP. There are aftermarket gussets you can weld on to the mounts. Even though the mounts are on the framez they are still a little thin.

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
I've got video of my GN at the dragstrip Friday night. Cant figure out how to link from FB to here though. I was happy running a 12.4 @ 106

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
New best time

The kids ask: "Dad is your car done?" well it is never actually "done" but it is about 99% now.

Didn't think of manually shifting the 700 - (Duh!) so that is why my best time is now a 12.3 at about 109
24y9v8z.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Your catching me I better get my car faster hah. Nice progress that time on what you have done to the engine is pretty darn respectable

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
I'm thinking it will be in the high 11s with a stall and a cam.

Street-ability is important to me. I like to just jump in and cruise around. A lot of compromises when building a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor