Grand National Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
I remember there being a factory green paint on a small number of regals somewhere in the 81 to 87 body style so its certainly possible. The turbo regals that were limiteds were also still T-types or in 87 renamed as the T package. Not sure about any turbo base model regals still think it would have been ordered as a striped T-type/Tpkg as it was suppossedly the only way to get the turbo motor and came with the upgraded suspension 15" wheels 8.5 rear etc. I bought mine new in 86 been to the GSCA nationals many years & a GSCA member for years never seen anything that suggested that you could get the turbo motor on a base regal. I still have original literature and order forms etc no mention or option for that fwiw.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
GM would do kooky things for people as special orders back in the day, so it is certainly possible. There would be a callout on the SPID at the bottom for a special order color. My neighbor has a 1973 Camaro that was poop brown with a baby barf pea green interior when new.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
Geesie said:
For everyone's edification, the 1982 Grand Nationals were not black. They had the Silver/Black paint scheme as seen in this picture.

actually the 82 was charcoal gray and light silver gray firemist, sorry i had to point that out. i did a whole bunch of research on the car because i almost bought 1 on 2 occasions, one of them was in town but it was beat into the ground.

cuttysalon86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 2, 2008
new haven,ct
not to get off the subject but i judt brought a 1985 regal t-type the exterior is black except the bumpers ,it has A split bench seat tilt wheel and a/c
original radio is in the trunk.how can i find out how many t-types where
built this way in 1985.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
cuttysalon86 said:
not to get off the subject but i judt brought a 1985 regal t-type the exterior is black except the bumpers ,it has A split bench seat tilt wheel and a/c
original radio is in the trunk.how can i find out how many t-types where
built this way in 1985.

According to the site above, only 1,575 T-types were built in 1985. You won't be able to narrow it down any further as GM didn't keep records on individual options unfortunately. That's still a pretty uncommon car though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor