Grand National Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poncho-gp

Apprentice
Apr 7, 2008
Knoxville ,Tenn
Did the Grand National come in any other color other than Black from the factory? I seen a wine color one the other night and was told it was A speacial order , Could that be true?

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
No - all Grand Nationals were black. You could however get a Turbo Regal (T-type or Turbo-T) in various colours, which is an identical car with respect to the drivetrain. They were also the same bodywise but had chrome bumpers (from the factory) and no rear spoiler IIRC. They did however have the turbo hood, and came with different aluminum turbine style wheels.

You either saw one of these (actually less common than a Grand National) or it was a GN that has been painted.

Poncho-gp

Apprentice
Apr 7, 2008
Knoxville ,Tenn
I belive it may have been painted then, It had the emblems in the seats and the spoiler and the late Grand National wheels and it did'nt have crome bumbers. It looked all Grand National except it was a different color.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
could be a clone :lol: I think some t-types came with the black grille and headlights and painted bumpers, Ive seen some with the spoilers too, but they could be aftermarket.

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
The ones you spotted are not Grand Nationals (or they are repainted, for some reason).

HOWEVER

For everyone's edification, the 1982 Grand Nationals were not black. They had the Silver/Black paint scheme as seen in this picture.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Geesie said:
The ones you spotted are not Grand Nationals (or they are repainted, for some reason).

HOWEVER

For everyone's edification, the 1982 Grand Nationals were not black. They had the Silver/Black paint scheme as seen in this picture.

Good call - I completely forgot about the 82's!

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
Geesie said:

HOWEVER

Now the '82 GN with an LS1....There's a cool sleeper!!!

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
do they make a reproduction front spoiler like that one?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Also, you could get the GN drivetrain in ANY Regal, not just the GN and T-Type. They are rare, but Turbo Regal Limiteds exist, as do base Regal Custom Turbos with vinyl bench seats and column shift!

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
There is ONE green Grand National form the factory. It is an '86 and it is stashed in a garage in Cleveland. They guy that sold me my GP had it. I argued with him about whether or not it was original, and he explained that his Father-in-law was a VIP at buick in the 80's and had it "Specially made". I did not believe him and he showed me the paper work. It is super clean, has not been driven on the street since the 80's (at least as of 10 years ago when I bought my car). Wish I actually knew the guy, I would try to get him to post here.

I know noone will believe me. A sasquatch is more realistic, but this is the only mythical creature I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor