Grand prix 2+2 rear window. Does this look right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think this is an aftermarket conversion. The roof line on the gm version was beaten with a hammer to take the sharp point off and to round it off with body filler to match the contour of the window. This one still looks to have the sharp corner and the window does not match it.

gp1.jpg

1986_Pontiac_Grand_Prix_Aero_Coupe_15.jpg

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Its true that Lauren Engineering does sell parts to create a Grand Prix 2+2 "tribute" car. The rear window in their conversion kit is listed as "acrylic", not glass. If you're looking for a correct glass replacement rear window, you may be looking for a long time, unless, as I said before, you can find someone who is parting out a real 2+2, and is willing to sell the rear window. Otherwise, like I said, the rear glass for these cars is just about unobtainium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor