Grand Prix headlight modification - opinions wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
Now That would make a HUGE improvement to the nose. I've always like the body lines of the '78-80 GP and the marker lights having the Pontiac Arrowhead in them, but that nose is just so damn ugly (to me), kinda lovable ugly like "Chunk" in "Goonies". I'd always thought that adding a '81 Lemans or '78-'80 Grand Am Nose would be pretty cool, but they don't flow with the GP's hood lines, but that is SOOOOO much more natural looking.

If you found a way to produce them in some limited quantities, you could be on to a niche market idea.

Try '81-86 Monte headlight buckets and then cut out a separate, shorter section for the marker? The Caddy ones look "off" because they are not sunken-in and those adjustment holes would mess up the cleaner look.

Poncho61

Apprentice
Mar 25, 2013
Peoria Illinois
I'm torn on this one. I too look at the front of my 80 as needing something in the lighting area. I'd thought about eliminating the marker/turnsignal area, squeezing the lights together, then filling the void so there was more room between the lights and the grill. I had a 72 GP a long time ago. I liked the single light set-up on it and thought about trying to do something like that as well. But like others have said, its luvable ugle as it is. LOL

adam6640

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2008
Hugo Ok
How about a 2+2 front clip ? there is a guy on here that has one for sale ! just an idea !

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
The body lines are very different between the '78-80 and '81-87 Grand Prix... it would look very off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor