Granny's Lowrider

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Alright, I had stalled out on this after having to order some parts and having a heat index of 100+ around here, but I got some work done today. After ordering standard rings, i've come to find out that this block(had better be) .020 over. I had .030 sitting on my shelf but noooo, someone had to go .020 over instead, who does that, lol?
Anyway because of the holiday about the quickest I could get new rings is tomorow. And that was ordering them on Saturday. :(
I finished tearing down the engine and started cleaning it to prep for paint.
100_0786.jpg

And color of choice for this build.
100_0787.jpg

Hopefully I will get the rings tomorow and will get ALOT done. 8)

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Well I got the rings the next day but then it decided to rain. :roll:
Anyway after the weather cleared, I got some more work done. Got the bottom end together and threw the pan on.
I planned on getting better pics as I,put it together but since I have been held up so many times already, i just wanted to get it done.
100_0798.jpg

After I took that pic, I went to grab the heads, which were already cleaned and painted. I gave them one last wipe and noticed that one of the exhaust valves was sunken down in the head. Damn :evil: , the valve seat was toast. I honestly can't believe I got that far without seeing that.
On a lighter note a friend of mine had a rebuilt(long time ago, but wrecked the car) set. 50 bucks later and I was back on track. Painted the new heads, tossed them on. As it sets now, it all together(as far as it will be before going in) and the oil is primed. Tomorow will be puttin her in the truck. Hopefully :D
100_0800.jpg

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Well I got it dropped in the next day but that was about it. Had some rain on the 15th so I didn't get much done. And after workin on it here and there the last couple days, this is where I am.
100_0806.jpg

Not a whole lot more to do, everything on the bottom side is already hooked up. :D
If I don't run into any other bs, I should be firing it up tomorow.

1986elcamino383

Apprentice
Jun 29, 2009
South River NJ
Sick truck engine is looking good 8)

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Thanks! Really wish I could have invested more time and energy in to doing a better job. Maybe another time, this was just to get it back on the road, cheaply.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
I've had enough rain! It's in but I didn't want to fire it til I had more daylight.
100_0808.jpg

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
It's alive! Has an exhaust leak I still need to get rid of but it runs. Some specs on the motor:
Flat-top pistons +.020 over :roll: At least they offer more compression than dished.
Stock rebuilt 882 heads
Crank turned .010-.010
Sealed Power cam 1014R 204/214 duration at .050 lift
.420/.443 lift
Nothing to major, it was meant to be a stock rebuild. And here's a short video.

On to the next one!!!

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Digging up an old one here but I have an update. This truck was originally bought for my Grandmother and she used it until she passed. My aunt has owned it since but unfortunately has become ill. With a very heavy heart I am proud to say that I am the new owner. This truck has had a rougher life over the last few years than it should have but that will change. I will be sure to post more as I try to bring it back to how it should be.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Since the Malibu is more drag oriented these days it won't mind giving up it's wheels to the truck for a bit lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor