Ground for Park and Neutral

Status
Not open for further replies.

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm using a '93 4L80 and it didn't have a switch on the shift linkage when I got it. Do you know if it did at one time and was not included in my package purchase deal of - 'pick one out of the corner'?
I'm thinking it should have had one. You can always add it, just bolts on with 2 bolts and the linkage shaft goes thru it. Just need the correct plug/harness for it.

Reactions: 1 user

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You guys talking about this? Transmission shop gave me a new one - must have been part of his rebuild kit... I didn't *need* it, and my aftermarket harness didn't have the plug, so I left it off

PN: 24221125 running about $60 online.
Yes that's the one. It's the same one I used, 1 plug connector. I think it is the later version one. You just need to source the plug for it. Got mine at the bone yard from an HD truck. $5. I can see if I still have my notes on the pinouts?

Reactions: 2 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Yes that's the one. It's the same one I used, 1 plug connector. I think it is the later version one. You just need to source the plug for it. Got mine at the bone yard from an HD truck. $5. I can see if I still have my notes on the pinouts?
I wonder if it gives PRNOD2L.... I'd be able to get rid of the Dakota indicator if so. I would imagine it gives PRNDL considering how clunky it is and having all those pins.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
It is known as a "Neutral Safety Switch / Range Sensor" it will give you the PRNDL output.

Aftermarket WVE 1S5170 is about $30 and the pigtail for it is standard motor products S1516 is about $6.

More switch part numbers,
Rostra 501054
Standard NS319
GM D2257C
ATP CE13

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

MY6.2SS

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2020
You guys talking about this? Transmission shop gave me a new one - must have been part of his rebuild kit... I didn't *need* it, and my aftermarket harness didn't have the plug, so I left it off

PN: 24221125 running about $60 online.
My transmission has that same one on it. I will see what I can come up with to make that work.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor