Hand parking brake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Monte

n00b
Dec 10, 2014
Hi there everyone just wondering if anybody has changed the foot parking brake to a hand brake, this is a modification i am thinking of doing any help would be appreciated thanks.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
ssbrewskyaz has done it on his Malibu wagon. His car has rear disc brakes though. The handle installation and cable routing should be pretty much the same though.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I just copied what was on the Camaro I got the parts from. I cut into the channel going over the hump to weld in a ledge for the handle. I used the center console to align the handle in the right spot. I cut the hole for the cable by just laying the cable out to know where to cut. For the bracket under the car where the two rear cables and the front cable attach and welled that in the tunnel. I got the measurements for the bracket from the Camaro. I used the Camaro rear cables, they use the same cables for disk and drum brakes. Here is a picture of the bracket. I had to trim the bracket between the two cables because with my car lowered it would rub on the bracket when the rear suspension compressed. I should have welded the bracket in further forward.

P1010247.jpg

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
I got a Fiero handbrake on the left side of my seat. Did it too long ago to really remember details. Bolted to floor, had to cut into sill cover, spliced the Fiero & original brake cables together. Later made an aluminum handle for it & a rectangular cover to fit over it &the sill cover.
No good pics of it , but can see it's red leather cover in my old u tube link to give you an idea of location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor